Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Old Key West info please. in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by M5ward We are DVC members and there is a grocery list available on the member's web site that has a large selection of food/beverage, etc. We fax ...
    Piglit is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by M5ward View Post
    We are DVC members and there is a grocery list available on the member's web site that has a large selection of food/beverage, etc. We fax them our list a couple of weeks before we go and it is delivered to our room on the first day. A great perk!
    Gosh, that is a good perk.

Unfortunately, we are mere visitors so we'll have to carry our own.
    "Peace, Love & Mickey Mouse"

fandayone is offline A-Ticket holder
    Definately the largest rooms of all the DVC rewsorts..and always will be according to DVC cast members.

Stay near the main building if you can request it. That way the bus service is more efficient.

LivLuvsTink is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Olivia's Cafe is absolutely amazing! They have the best burgers and chicken pot pie.

RRMike is offline B-Ticket Holder
    WE have stayed at OKW twice. We love it there and are going back this April. The studio rooms are big and they have two real beds. The bus service is good, and the boat to DTD is fun. There is not as much food selection as other resorts, but the store is good. The atmosphere is very laid back and fun. It is an easy resort to get around. Good choice , have fun.

princesslb is offline A-Ticket holder
    I worked there a few times. Most buildings don't have elevators, so keep that in mind if you're bringing your luggage up to the third floor in the heat. It can get pretty tiresome
    "all my wishes will come true."
    CP alumni spring 2008

Quote Originally Posted by M5ward View Post
    We are DVC members and there is a grocery list available on the member's web site that has a large selection of food/beverage, etc. We fax them our list a couple of weeks before we go and it is delivered to our room on the first day. A great perk!

by the way, my job was delivering groceries. that is why i said carrying them upstairs by yourself for three floors can be pretty tiresome in the heat!!
    CP alumni spring 2008

Thank you all for your helpful replies.

Quote Originally Posted by fandayone View Post
    Stay near the main building if you can request it. That way the bus service is more efficient.
    Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by LivLuvsTink View Post
    Olivia's Cafe is absolutely amazing! They have the best burgers and chicken pot pie.
    That's good to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by RRMike View Post
    The studio rooms are big and they have two real beds. The bus service is good, and the boat to DTD is fun. There is not as much food selection as other resorts, but the store is good. The atmosphere is very laid back and fun. It is an easy resort to get around. Good choice , have fun.
    Thanks for that info. We are really looking forward to staying there.

Quote Originally Posted by princesslb View Post
    by the way, my job was delivering groceries. that is why i said carrying them upstairs by yourself for three floors can be pretty tiresome in the heat!!
    Oh gosh, that does sound like hot work. I have actually requested a top floor room but DH can make use of the exercise in place of his weight-training.

Oh gosh, that does sound like hot work. I have actually requested a top floor room but DH can make use of the exercise in place of his weight-training. [/quote]

lol have fun!
    CP alumni spring 2008

Stitch's buddy is offline Hakuna Matata
    My family loves to stay close to turtle pond, buy a mug and get free refills at the Turtle Shack or grab a snack, and the pool at turtle pond is often less crowded then the main pool the only downside is Turtle Shack closes early( about 6 pm) than Good's Food to Go

I FINISHED my first ever race, ToT 13Kand running it again in '09

** Please, Please excuse my grammatical and spelling errors. Correct me if I'm wrong.**

Thank you, Stitch's buddy. That's very helpful advice.

2kydisneyfans is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We love staying at OKW. Been there so many times. It is very relaxing place to be. Just the atmosphere alone is worth the stay. Now if you are staying in a studio the only thing you will have is just a small refrigerator and a microwave. We stayed in one a few years back. No washer or dryer either so make sure you bring plenty of quarters for laundry. I do hope you enjoy your stay. If you like stop by the Gurggling Suitcase and say hi to Ramona. She is a very special cast memeber there. Attached 2 pics. One of us at the Gurggling Suitcase and one of the slide at the pool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old Key West info please.-im000296.jpg   Old Key West info please.-im000001.jpg  

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    That slide is a blast..Also there's a sauna in the lighthouse.

Thank you both for the tips, and the photos.

I'm really looking forward to staying at OKW.

2kydisneyfans is offline B-Ticket Holder
    You are quite welcome.

Stitch's buddy is offline Hakuna Matata
    Your welcome. Have fun on your trip!

I FINISHED my first ever race, ToT 13Kand running it again in '09

** Please, Please excuse my grammatical and spelling errors. Correct me if I'm wrong.**

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12