Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Best Resort Transportation in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi...we are making a trip to WDW in November 2005....I would like to know the best place to stay for convenient transportation...already tried making reservations at the contemporary....our favorite park ...
    HJCOCHRAN is offline A-Ticket holder

Best Resort Transportation

Hi...we are making a trip to WDW in November 2005....I would like to know the best place to stay for convenient transportation...already tried making reservations at the contemporary....our favorite park is MK and would love to be able to walk there and/or monorail with the kids....but it is booked for our travel dates. We stayed at Pop Century last year...and liked it..but it was the LAST bus stop everywhere we went...and the bus rides were long....I don't want to spend a fortune on the room...the room itself doesn't matter to us since we won't be using it except for sleeping...but we would like to spend less time waiting/traveling...so it would be worth a little extra money for the convenience....anyone have transportation pros and cons?? Thanks for you help!:mickey:

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    I have to say that the Polynesian adn Wilderness Lodge are not only two of my favorite resorts, but offer great options as far as transportation.

Both offer boat service to the MK (and great water views!), while the POly is also with in walking distance of the TTC for monoril service to the MK and Epcot However, you're gonna pay for that convenience. You can often get a better rate at the WL. If you don't mind the buses, stay at a Moderate like Port Orleans.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

HJCOCHRAN is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks...about Wilderness Lodge...other than the boat ride to MK....i read in a book that it had the most "convoluted transportation service"...is there no bus service?? do you have to boat to MK then monorail to TTC then bus everywhere else??

cassandra ray is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi: I am sorry you cannot get into CR. I just returned from there and was amazed at the convenience of the resort. I would suggest you try an MK resort. They run on the monorail. Did you try a garden room at CR? I was in one, and though you couldn't see the castle, my husband and I were in bed watching the fireworks. All the times we have stayed on property we have also rented a car. This is very convenient, because if you are staying on the property you get free parking. The resort gives you a parking pass for your car. This way you can stay at any resort in your price range and still get the benefits. The buses are long rides. Rent a car, it is not that hard to get around the resort. Our family has found some wonderful places at WDW when we accidently turned the wrong way. This is what I know about the monorail. From MK it goes to CR, GF, P, and the TTC. To Epcot from the MK, you go to TTC, change lines to Epcot and then go to Epcot.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    AK has bus transportation, but it is a bit farther away than many other deluxe resorts in location, but many people love it. I don't know how slow their bus transportation is, so I can't help you there.

I say, pick a hotel in your favorite park's "area" if you plan to visit one park most. For instance, if you are a EPCOT fan, maybe a moderate like the Caribean Beach resort is right for you.

Have fun!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    if you like the convience of walking and are a fan of epcot and don't mind paying deluxe prices i would say def stay at the yacht & beach club(either side)...it was great to be able to scoot over to epcot and then use the pool for the afternoon(the pool is awesome!)...as for AK, i have stayed there a few times and will be staying there once again next week...the bus transportation is good, i've never had a problem there.
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

sgt10924 is offline A-Ticket holder
    just got back from wdw, stayed at the poly,, 2 yrs ago stayed at the floridian,, nothing beats staying on site, specifically at the 3 resorts with mono rail access. we did go to the WL, and was extremly aggravated by the lack of transportation options to get there...we were late for a reservation at the wyoming cafe,!! other than that, once you know the ins and outs of how to get there, and to other places, i would recommend the WL , it was beuautiful inside, i loved it, and actually loved the little ferry boats getting you there

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    For best transportation, we like the Beach Club. Pricey though. The Caribbean Beach resort is somewhat centrally located and we never had any problems with transportation except the night we were going to Cirque du Soliel. Our tickets were at will call and we just knew they were going to sell them before we got there! We made it in plenty of time, but we were really sweating it out!
    They call me "Nana"

nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    I agree GirlStar613 The Epcot Reosrt near the back entrance are the best. I love being able to just walk right into epcot from my resort!
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.