Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Best resort to visit for a couple hours in the Vacation Planning forums; During my next visit, I would like to visit a resort for maybe a couple of hours. These are two hours taken away from the parks. Which resort would be ...
    prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

Best resort to visit for a couple hours

During my next visit, I would like to visit a resort for maybe a couple of hours. These are two hours taken away from the parks. Which resort would be the best to visit? Please help?

thokecin is offline And really bad eggs...
    Animal Kingdom Lodge

The lodge is beautiful, the food is great (Boma rocks!), there's an animal viewing area just outside the back of the lodge, there's a huge bar/lounge area, and it has a nice gift shop.
    "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do."

–Walt Disney

8 trips and counting!!!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    I guess that depends what time of day it will be.

I've stayed at AKL and I like visiting it more than staying there.

At night I like the Poly or POR. POR has a very fun, comfy lounge with the funniest show. The outside walk ways are beautiful and you can talk the river ferry to DTD.

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    one year my family and i visited the boardwalk it was beautiful and my family and i enjpyed riding a bike around it while looking at the shops
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

Thanks for the advice so far. Do I have to be a guest at the hotel to enjoy the shows?

newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    nope, you do not have to stay at the resort in order to see the shows.
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I really like walking around Wilderness Lodge. The food is great at Whispering Canyon, Artist Point and I liked Roaring Forks (counter service). The theming is one of the best, IMO. It is also fun to watch the geyser go off (or geezer as my dd called it). Then just a short relaxing boat ride over to MK. Very nice.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I think any of the deluxe resorts would be a great place to spend a few hours, I love the Wilderness Lodge but the Boardwalk is also great and has so much to offer. I've never been to the AKL but also sounds like a great option. Just to add to the confusion, I will also throw the Polynesian into the mix, you didn't mention the hours you would be spending there but if you go at night time you could watch Wishes from the beach at the Polynesian......decisions, decisions
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    The Boardwalk is great because of all the shops and dining. However, if you decide to go there, I would recommend going at night because they have magicians, midway games, hair brading, etc. If you go during the day, it will be pretty dead and not as fun. Also, if you decide to go there and you get tired, you can always sit on the comfy chairs on the huge porch they have that overlooks the actual boardwalk and soak everything in. Very pretty views!
    ~Ashleigh

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.
    While at the Magic Kingdom, you could walk to the Contemporary in just a few minutes. It's especially neat after dark with the lighing and ambient music. From there you can either walk back to MK or jump on the monorail and tour the Floridian and Polynesian before heading back to the park.

TestSherpa is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I guess it depends on why you want to visit. AKL is spectacular. Polynesian and Contemporary are right on the monorail and steeped with history. Port Orleans has fun stuff for the kids.
    M
    Founder of TestSherpa LSAT Test Preparation
    The LSAT is not as fun as the Haunted Mansion, but just as scary.

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'd say AKL or the Port Orleans French Quarter.

AKL has lots of stuff in the lobby and of course there's the animals. But they also have several little miniature art exhibits throughout the hotel that feature african style art that might be interesting.

POFQ isn't much as far as the lobby goes, but it has really beautiful grounds. Its quite quaint and romantic to walk around the streets of the French Quarter, one of the best themed resorts in my opinion. You could also walk down to Riverside (you can walk there easily from French Quarter, they're connected) and go down to see the bayou and southern-style plantation section of the resort. Also, if you go at night you could do one of their carriage rides around the resort (costs money and you do need reservations to do the carriage).
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

Everyone has been a huge help! Thanks. I think I might have to extend my couple of hours into four hours. I really like the idea of the polynesian at night, but of course I like the AKL idea, but of course I like the Contemporary idea, but of course I like the Boardwalk idea, but of course I like the Wilderness lodge idea. Aghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghgh!!!! Maybe I will give a little whistle and let my conscience be my guide.

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane
    I really like doing the Grand Floridian-Polynesian-Wilderness Lodge circuit.

We start at the Magic Kingdom, take the boat to the Grand Floridian, and walk for awhile through the gardens and look around the AMAZING lobby, and the second floor gift shop. Then we either hop on the boat again or walk over to the Poly, which has lovely hammocks on the beach, and a gorgeous lobby. The cafe upstairs is nice for a snack, but if the weather is nice grab a drink outside and sit on the water. Then we'd hop on the boat and get off at the Wilderness lodge, a have a bike ride...definetly check out the Iron Spike room (now called the Carolwood Pacific Railway room). The walk there takes a couple minutes and you get to see how pretty that resort is...and if you go at night, you can catch the electrical water pageant on the Seven Seas Lagoon.

OR do the Boardwalk-Beach/Yacht Club circuit, especially at night. Yacht club has movies and campfires on the beach. So many choices, there's a lot to see!

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder
    We actually take a day or at least 3/4 of one,just to visit the other resorts,walk around them and take pics and such.We always have an "off" day from the parks,and we take full advantage of it.We have plenty of video footage of the resorts.Each resort has something special to offer,so as for me to say this one or that,I'd say just allow yourself some time to go to all of them.Of course,we have been doing this for several years,because each resort can take up a good bit of time,if you tour it extensively.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast