Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Places to Stay in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello Everyone. I am headed to Disney World in six weeks for my honeymoon. We are staying to the Port Orleans French Quarter. Has anyone stayed there? How was it?...
    bgboone112 is offline A-Ticket holder

Places to Stay

Hello Everyone.

I am headed to Disney World in six weeks for my honeymoon. We are staying to the Port Orleans French Quarter. Has anyone stayed there? How was it?

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Hello, BG! Welcome to the DWT family!

I recently stayed at POFQ after the room rehabs, and have to say that I really enjoyed it. The smallest resort on property, you get a really nice, homey feel to it, without too much hustle and bustle. The grounds are beautiful, the river is nice, the pool is great, etc. I think it and Riveside are the two best of the Moderate Resorts. Read my December trip report in the Ask Lou section of the Articles pages for alittle more about the hotel.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Ditto what Lou said. When we were there in 2000 a CM gave us free "Mardi Gras" beads at the entrance, and one CM even gave my DW some for her whole 2nd grade class!!! I wonder if they still do that? Lou, can you help?

P.S. The only negative when we were there is that the bus service was not too great. It seemed like it took forever to get to the parks. That said, we were comparing it to the excellent bus service from the All-Stars, which is still true today according to our experience.
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 03-23-2005 at 02:04 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Hello... I too will be honeymooning at the world.. June 12-22... we are staying at CBR my fourth time staying there...Last year my soon to be and I went to POFQ.. I LOVED IT!!!! I cannot rave more about it!!! We had the BEST room EVER!!! (can you tell how excited I am w/ all the CAPS?!?) Anyway... Try and request room 2140... It is located in the 2nd building 1st floor directly accross from the enterence from the pool.. A 2 second walk to the food court and bus stop, also a 2 second walk to the boat dock to Downtown Disney/Pleasure Island. It was nice and quiet at that resort. Not TOO many young ones running around. Out of 16 stays at WDW that was my FAVORTIE!!!

PS it's a king size bed room so it will cost extra.. But in my opnion it's an absolute must for a king size bed on a honeymoon!!!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I've stayed at PO:FQ and recommended it to my brother & his bride for their honeymoon. They loved it! The buses service both French Quarter and Riverside, but French Quarter is the first stop for picking up and the first stop coming back, so it is very convenient. The landscaping is gorgeous - lovely for walking through, and it feels very private. I'll second the request for Building 2 - it is very convenient to food court/lobby/buses and pool. Save some time for the hot tub - it's separate from the main pool (and kids). The boat to Downtown Disney is a pleasant ride, too.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page