Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Contemporary Rooms: Wing vs. Tower in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello everyone, I have an upcoming trip and will be staying at the Contemporary for my first time. I got a cheap(er) room in the Garden Wing, but am hoping ...
    nospinguy is offline A-Ticket holder

Contemporary Rooms: Wing vs. Tower

Hello everyone,
    I have an upcoming trip and will be staying at the Contemporary for my first time. I got a cheap(er) room in the Garden Wing, but am hoping to get a Tower upgrade upon checking in as I'm going during a slow time of year.

I have seen many photos online of the newly renovated rooms, but everyone always shows pics of Tower rooms. Is there any difference in rooms (I'm not talking about view, strictly rooms themselves), such as size, layout, quality of furnishings, bathrooms, etc.?

I don't want to go with Tower room expectations and be let down if I don't get the upgrade, know what I mean?

Thanks in advance!
    Come see me at www.wdwblog.com!

Most Recent Trip:
    3/7 - 3/15 '09

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    We stayed in the Garden Wing. You have some weaving to do, a bit far from any activities, transportation. If you stay there do ask to be water side. Short building so the other side looks at a pretty unattractive parking lot. Patio level is nicer than upper level. They have chairs outside sliding door. Upper floors do not have a balcony in the wing so there is decorative fencing across the lower portion of the sliding doors. Weird.

Our room was very large and nice. Dramatically larger than Animal Kingdom standard floor rooms. Bathrooms odd, even remodeled. The wing is much quieter while trying to sleep or relax.

It isn't one of my favorite resorts however my kids love it. The monorail and the easy walk to the MK/launches were a plus. Housekeeping was slow in the wing and we could never get them to pick up a phone.

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.
    I love the garden wing. We stayed in room 5110 earlier this year and it was a super location:
    • Ground floor with patio
    • Seconds from main pool
    • Beautiful view of bay lake
    • Not too far from main tower, but far enough to be quiet in the evenings.

vod2117 is offline A-Ticket holder
    The wing is nice since it is separate from the tower and very peaceful but I would choose the tower because of the convenience of taking an elevator directly to the monorail as opposed to having to walk a long distance from the wing.