Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss All-Star now charges for refrigerators in the Vacation Planning forums; Free 'fridges are a thing of the past at the All-Star resorts. I heard it's true at all the "value" resorts. If you want a fridge in your room it ...
    elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

All-Star now charges for refrigerators

Free 'fridges are a thing of the past at the All-Star resorts. I heard it's true at all the "value" resorts. If you want a fridge in your room it is a $10 a day (+ tax) fee added to whatever you're paying per night. Blame it on the economy (or resort mug recyclers).

Never had a 'free' fridge at the Value Resorts before. The only time we've had one is when we've requested it and paid $10 so that we could keep my Mom's medication in it.

I don't think this is new news....

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    I have had a free fridge every time I stayed there (around 8 times). The last time was about 2 or 3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    I have had a free fridge every time I stayed there (around 8 times). The last time was about 2 or 3 years ago.
    I think you've just been lucky. We were just there in August and prior to that June of 2007. We've stayed there probably 8 times in the last 8 years!

That's really an incredible streak. EVERY TIME except the past one. I think it's just a policy change.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    The only way you can get a free fridge is if you have medicine that has to be refrigerated. Like Melissa and them did. They never had any free fridges there.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

That's really an incredible streak. EVERY TIME except the past one. I think it's just a policy change.
    It is NOT a policy change. Refrigerators have never been free at VALUE RESORTS. They started a few years back including them with Moderate and Deluxe Resorts, but NOT Values. So yes.....you've had an 'incredible streak'. Consider yourself very lucky.

I think you are incorrect.

I know that I am not, but I am not going to debate you. From looking at other threads you participate in and start it appears that you like to provoke people.

I just do not want members coming here for help to receive bogus information.

It's not bogus. It is true. Have a nice day.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    From All Ears:

Are refrigerators available in the rooms?
    Refrigerators are available for a $10 fee per night; with tax it comes to $10.60. They are small dorm size refrigerators - large enough for milk, orange juice, and a few other items. The supply is limited, so request a refrigerator when making your reservation and then inquire when you check in. Some of the handicapped-equipped rooms have in-room refrigerators built into the dresser units. If you get a room with a king sized bed, you may be getting a refrigerator as well. Inquire at the front desk.
    Guest Note: We had a handicapped room because I need a shower with a bench, because of my arthritis. It also comes with a king size bed. We rented a small refrigerator, because the one that came with the room had no freezer section, which we needed. (Marie Kuhn)

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder
    I was pretty sure thevalue resorts always charged for the fridges. At least, they always advertised the additional charge when I checked.

As I said in the 3rd post: I haven't been to an All-Star in about 2 years. The last time I was there, and every subsequent trip before, our room had a refrigerator that we didn't ask for nor paid for. Either they changed their policy or I had an incredible lucky streak in getting free refrigerators. The room I just stayed in this past weekend at All-Star Music had a wall-unit / dresser thing which had an empty cabinet meant for a refrigerator. When I opened it I was surprised to see it was empty. I later learned of the $10 charge and because of my previous experiences I thought it was a new policy.

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    she is not incorrect
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    Nope, there's never been free fridges at any of the value resorts. Part of the reason we always stay moderate/deluxe because we always bring things for breakfast or to snack on when we stay over.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast