Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss pool temperature in the Vacation Planning forums; We are staying at Port Orleans during the first week of February 09. I was wondering about the pool temperature. Are they heated? to what degree? Whats the weather usually ...
    krash9924 is offline A-Ticket holder

pool temperature

We are staying at Port Orleans during the first week of February 09. I was wondering about the pool temperature. Are they heated? to what degree? Whats the weather usually like that weekend? Thanks for all your help.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    I think they are semi-heated. I see people in them in December but when I touch the water it seems frigid to me. I think it depends on where you're from: if you are coming down from Minnesota the pools is warm to you. I live in South Florida so the pool is freezing to me.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by krash9924 View Post
    We are staying at Port Orleans during the first week of February 09. I was wondering about the pool temperature. Are they heated? to what degree? Whats the weather usually like that weekend? Thanks for all your help.
    I don't think the pool temperature will be as important as the air temperature. It's difficult to predict what the weather will be like that far in advance. Heck, it's hard to predict what the temperature is going to be a week from today. We've had 30 degree differences from Dec 7th to Dec 14th. Come with plans to swim if weather permits, otherwise you'll be kicking yourself that you aren't prepared. Definitely bring a long sweatshirt that you can wear to and from the pool.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    We have stayed there often. The pool and hot tub are a bit from each other. The hot tub is very tranquil at night especially after the parks close.
    The water is always warm but the walk back, nippy. We get several towels pool side before going in. DD & I a year ago in November took robes with us.
    Worked out well.

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    I was just down there and swam. I know that February will probably be a few degrees cooler (on averaege) than December, but even during the middle of the night, there were people in the pool where we stayed. We swam during the middle of the day and it was fine and refreshing getting in, but getting out, I was pretty chilly. I agree with one of the previous posts that mentions having your towels ready by the pool. Hope you have a great trip!!
    ~Ashleigh