Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Horseback Rides at Fort Wilderness in the Vacation Planning forums; Does anyone know if the horseback rides at Fort Wilderness have an age restriction? I know the pony rides say you have to be at least 2 years old with ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Question Horseback Rides at Fort Wilderness

Does anyone know if the horseback rides at Fort Wilderness have an age restriction? I know the pony rides say you have to be at least 2 years old with an adult guiding the pony, but I was thinking of maybe taking my son for a horseback ride (he'll be 2, pushing 3, on this trip). He rode a horse on a local farm lately and loved it. I was hoping maybe we could tandem ride with him up front. Anyone know?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    It's been a long time since I've done the horseback riding over there, but if I remember correctly, they have both an age and a weight restriction. You have to be over x amount of years to ride and weigh less than x amount of pounds. Unfortunately, I don't remember either what age/weight the restriction was set to. We used to go to the campground all the time, and I personally don't remember doing the horse riding until I was at least 7 so I'd probably take a wild guess and say they probably won't let a 2-3 year old on a horse. I could be wrong though. And its been at least 15 years since I rode over there. I'll do some research and see if I can find anything.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    Ok, just found this at Fort Wilderness Fact Sheet

"Riders must be at least 9 years old and 48 inches tall and can weigh no more than 250 pounds."

Scroll down a ways on the page and it talks about the horseback riding in the FAQ.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Thanks for the info Sorria. I'm a little sad though. Thought for sure if I rode along with him they'd let him. Oh well.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe