Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Coronado Springs vs. Port Orleans Riverside in the Vacation Planning forums; Planning a trip for March. Coronado Springs or Port Orleans Riverside??????????????????????????????? Need suggestions! Or any other ideas within the Moderate Resorts options, or Value!...
    Ayhab is offline D-Ticket Holder

Coronado Springs vs. Port Orleans Riverside

Planning a trip for March. Coronado Springs or Port Orleans Riverside??????????????????????????????? Need suggestions! Or any other ideas within the Moderate Resorts options, or Value!
    Ayhab the Arab
    It's amazing to think that this all started with one little mouse.

Disney*Princess is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I'm partial to Riverside because it's my home resort. When my boyfriend and I were trying to figure out where to stay we looked at the other moderate resorts and I really liked the theme of Coronado Springs. The only issue I have with CS is their food court. From what I have read, it's not open like the other moderate resorts, it's kind of a restaurant style where they sit you and they get your drinks for you, and for that you have to pay gratuity (maybe I'm cheap? I don't know...). And CS is apparently quite a large property. I'd say Riverside...but I love it there so I'm kind of biased haha
    Engaged at Port Orleans Riverside
    June 9, 2009

Getting married July 30, 2011

Disney Store CM

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    personally I like the CBR but of the 2 offered I would go Riverside
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

MagicMom is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Just got back from Riverside. It was my first time staying there and I am most certainly going back.

When CSR was first built I took a ride over there to check it out. I did not like the fact that many of the rooms are a great distance from the pool or the food service area. The layout is not what I would consider convenient for moving quickly around your resort. Maybe I am not remembering it correctly, but I know I decided I would probably never stay there!

Riverside is very charming. The theming is very nice. The food court area is large and convenient from the pool and the rooms. They have a really nice "build your own omlet/pasta" station depending on the time of day. My mom says that Boatwright's Dining Hall had very good food and very good service. The piano bar is fun on the weekends and there were always kids in there.

I agree with MJMcb, my home resort is the CBR, but Riverside is a very close second.

Good luck!

Piglit is offline C-Ticket Holder
    We have stayed at CSR twice and POR once.

We would only return to CSR. The theming is beautiful; the CMs are very friendly and helpful; the food court has excellent choices; the bus service is excellent. Because it is a convention resort there are times when it is extremely busy but you can avoid the restaurant/food court at those times.

The theming at POR is also beautiful but it was far too busy and noisy for us. We didn't like the food court and we walked through to POFQ to catch the bus before it became packed at POR.
    "Peace, Love & Mickey Mouse"

Ayhab is offline D-Ticket Holder
    We've actually decided on Pop Century because of a Passholder Rate I'm getting on it, but while we're there, we'll be checking out both POR and CS to see which we'll like for our next trip. Thanks for everyone tips! Disney*Princess's tip played a huge part in our decision though, thank you! It was a very good point, I totally forgot you had to tip there.
    Ayhab the Arab
    It's amazing to think that this all started with one little mouse.