Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Polynesian in the Vacation Planning forums; Just got back from the Polynesian!!! We stayed on the concierge floor in the Hawaii building with a balcony view of the castle. It was picture perfect! The concierge also ...
    princesslb is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking Polynesian

Just got back from the Polynesian!!! We stayed on the concierge floor in the Hawaii building with a balcony view of the castle. It was picture perfect! The concierge also had a private restaurant typething for our building and food/drinks and alcohol all day. We didnt even need to buy meals the food was so good! Its expensive but worth it, I could live there!
    "all my wishes will come true."
    CP alumni spring 2008

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    It's a beautiful place, glad you enjoyed it
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'll be in that same hotel and building in 100 days. Glad you liked it and had a good time.

mmouse6937 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I'm so glad you had such a great time...sounds wonderful! DH and I stayed there for our Honeymoon (WOW 7 years ago already!!) and it was so amazing. They upgraded us to a castle view room which was so nice of them. I would love to stay at concierge, I can't even imagine how wonderful that was! Thanks for sharing!
    Sarah

76-84 Two Trips as a Child, '00 Best Western LBV, '01 Best Western LBV, '02 Polynesian (OUR DISNEYMOON!!), '03 CBR, '05 CBR, '06 DisneyLand, '07 POR, 09/08 CBR, 12/08 BC, 09/09 BW, 03/10 POP, 12/10 POP, 11/12 Dream Cruise 2.0

My babies: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

"Saving one animal will not change the world, but surely for that one animal the world will change forever"

PulchraPuella is offline A-Ticket holder
    In a week, we will be staying at the Polynesian for the first time, and having never stayed there, or anywhere on property for that matter, could you guys reaffirm our decision to shell out the extra dough for a deluxe resort. After we made the reservation, I read some negative reviews that said the rooms were dirty and the staff unhelpful, which had me kind of freaking out.
    "Henry, he did it again! Go over and give that neighbor of ours what for!" -The Carousel of Progress

MonorailMan is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by PulchraPuella View Post
    In a week, we will be staying at the Polynesian for the first time, and having never stayed there, or anywhere on property for that matter, could you guys reaffirm our decision to shell out the extra dough for a deluxe resort. After we made the reservation, I read some negative reviews that said the rooms were dirty and the staff unhelpful, which had me kind of freaking out.
    The Poly is my favorite resort. I won't lie- The place is starting to feel slightly dated despite the recent update. However, while it's not the most luxurious resort I've ever stayed at there's just something about it that feels magical. What you're paying for is the convenience of being on the monorail line, and being so close to the Magic Kingdom. Once you arrive you might think to yourself, "Okay.......what's so special about this place?" as you walk around, but once you've spent all day out at one of the parks and you come back to the Poly it really starts feeling like home. The sound of the water lapping up on the boats in the marina is so relaxing at night.

I've never had an experience where the cast members weren't helpful or really friendly at the Poly. I hope you enjoy your stay.

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    We're staying in Tonga in a few weeks and we get to go the lounge in Hawaii! So I'm excited. We also have a little lounge in our building, so I'm sure I'll have plenty of pictures and whatnot!! I can't wait!!!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

MonorailMan is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B View Post
    We're staying in Tonga in a few weeks and we get to go the lounge in Hawaii! So I'm excited. We also have a little lounge in our building, so I'm sure I'll have plenty of pictures and whatnot!! I can't wait!!!
    If you happen to see a concierge CM named David, tell him MonorailMan said to say "hi". He switches between the two concierge buildings, but if you're there for more than a few days you're bound to bump into him. Such a great guy.

JLWilkes3RD is offline A-Ticket holder
    I've stayed at many of the WDW resorts. I can say that the Polynesian is definetely one of my favorites. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip.

J&J
    J&J is offline E-Ticket Holder

Re: Polynesian

nice to heard that you had a wonderful time
    J&J