Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss How did WDW celebrate your B-day? PO-FQ in the Vacation Planning forums; Going to WDW 2/6-2/14/09! 10 days and counting! So here's my question: We are staying at Port Orleans French Quarter and my daughter will celebrate her 7th birthday our 2nd ...
    tornadochaser is offline A-Ticket holder

Wink How did WDW celebrate your B-day? PO-FQ

Going to WDW 2/6-2/14/09! 10 days and counting!
    So here's my question: We are staying at Port Orleans French Quarter and my daughter will celebrate her 7th birthday our 2nd day there. What does this particular resort do for birthdays? I've heard stories of cookies & milk w/an autographed photo of Belle & a plush Minnie @Beach Club, to Roses for a sweet sixteen, to balloons, to just an autographed photo of a favorite character.

The suspense is killing me and I'm just dying to know what to expect for my little girl.
    Has anyone stayed at POFQ during their birthday and if so, how did they celebrate you?

Thanks everybody!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    We just got back and celebrated our anniversary at POFQ (before the promotion though). We got a Happy Anniversary card signed by the Fab 5. My DH also set up a flower delivery at one of the restaurants we went to.

lobaugo is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We were there for my dad's birthday a couple of years ago (even before the personalized birthday buttons). My mom told the front desk about my dad's birthday and asked her what his favorite character was. Later when we got back to the room, we had received a card from Mickey Mouse wishing my dad happy birthday. It was a really great trip.

Have a great time! I absolutely LOVE the French Quarter!

Thumbs up

SnWhtNdwrfs,

Where did you get that adorable monorail clicker? I love it!

We've never been at POFQ for a birthday, but we were at POP for my Son's 5th birthday and they had the room done up when we returned from the parks that night! He got a Test Track race track (you know the electric ones that you snap the tracks together and the two cars race), a small stuffed Mickey Mouse, a small stuffed Donald Duck, balloons and an autographed picture card with Buzz and Woody on it! It was fantastic!!!!

Be sure to let them know through reservations and then again when you check in that it's your little Princesses birthday!!!!

disneydreamer98,

WOW! My kids would go insane over something like that!

Was this all from the resort, or did you choose one of the celebration packages with in-room decorations?
    When was this? Was it this year, during the current What Will You Celebrate promotion?

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    My mom told Guest Relations it was my B-day and when we came back to the resort I had a card with an autographed pic of Minnie mouse in front of the castle. And a balloon.
    That was at All Star Movies.

Don't forget to get her a Birthday button! She will get tons of Happy Birthday greetings and attention from the characters!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

I hope you had a great birthday!

She will be wearing a "birthday girl" shirt and I plan to get her a button, too.

Don't you just love Disney!

Any other WDW Birthday stories?

3 days, 22 hours, 55 minutes and 29 seconds to go!

babyladykatie is offline C-Ticket Holder

I celebrated my 20th birthday at the Yacht Club with a few of my friends. My mom had a surprise set up for me when I got there. A cast member came to the room with a cake and party supplies (hats, streamers, air blowers) and an autographed photo of Aladdin and Jasmine. It was the greatest birthday.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Walt Disney World College Program Alumni - 2003
    *Currently doing everything I possibly can to go back
    to work at WDW.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

1989 - Off Property, First Trip to WDW
    1994 - Polynesian Resort
    2000 - Off Property
    2003 - Walt Disney World College Program, Merchandise Hostess, Disney-MGM Studios
    2004 - Off Property
    2006 - Boardwalk
    2007 - Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa
    2009 - Coronado Springs, Got engaged at WDW!!!
    February 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    December 2010 - Caribbean Beach
    February 2011 - 4-night Disney Cruise on the Disney Dream
    2012 - Disney Wedding!!!

1213gabby is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: How did WDW celebrate your B-day? PO-FQ

Well a few years ago, I got a free cake and a card signed by mickey and the gang at the garden grill restraunt at epcot
    PAST
    TRIPS
    FIRST TRIP!Disney world August 2002
    Disney world August 2003
    Disney world August 2004
    Disney worldAugust 2005
    Disney worldAugust 2006 *Bibbidi Bobbity Boutique!*
    Disney world August 2007
    FIRST CRUISE!Disney wonder April 2010
    Cruise on Disney magic Janruary 2011
    Disney World*13th birthday!*August 2011

MY FAVE SMILIES!

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

The OP was a few years ago, we need an update. What happened??????? Inquiring minds want to know . . .
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

To begin with, don't expect anything special. Just be "surprised" when something magical does happen.

Over the years, we've been to WDW for birthdays and our Anniversary (yearly for the past six years!). We have always gotten a card signed by a character or in some cases characters. Usually, at check-in they will ask what is the birthday girl or boy's favorite character. Our youngest son got a card signed by Buzz and Woody last year. Very cute! For our Anniversary we have gotten a card with Cinderella and Prince Charming and a few with Mickey and Minnie dressed-up. It is always a nice surprise when we get a celebration card. The past few years, we got a special Photopass card with the celebration card that gave us a discount on the pictures.

When noted on your ADR, "most" restaurants will acknowledge a birthday. Whether with a free little piece of cake or ice cream. Walt Disney World is a great place to celebrate a birthday. However, there have been a couple of instances where our server was busy and honestly just forgot. We didn't make a big deal about it and let it go. We'll be back the next year!

RESTAURANTS THAT DID A LITTLE SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR US
    Chef Mickey - When we got to our table, there was confetti all over it and an Anniversary card signed by all the characters. Also, when our server brought us an Anniversary cupcake, Mickey came over and shook my husband's hand. Very cute!

Crystal Palace - When we got to the table, there was confetti on it for our youngest's birthday. He got a card signed by all the characters and birthday cupcake.

Sci-Fi Dine-In - Our oldest son got a signed card from all the carhops and a Magical Moments Certificate from our service. Plus, he got a free ice cream sundae.

Yachtsman Steakhouse - A menu printed just for us with the words "Happy Anniversary" on it and a red rose. After our meal, our server brought us a dessert plate with the words Happy Anniverary on it with some candies. (The candies were honestly gross, but it was a nice gesture.)

'Ohana - Our assistant server gave our daughter a free cup with a light-up tinkerbell.

Nine Dragons - My husband got a free piece of cake after the servers sang to him.

Tutto Italia - My husband got a piece of yummy chocolate cake after the servers sang to him in Italian. (very cool!)

Cinderella's Royal Table - I pre-ordered my daughter a slipper filled with chocolate. She loved it!!! But, was even more surprised when our server gave her a birthday card signed by all the Princesses. It's a great place to celebrate a little princess' birthday in my opinion. She still talks about that breakfast!

California Grill - They gave my daughter a full-size chocolate cake for FREE. We ended up taking the rest back to our room. A great place to spend a birthday evening with Cinderella Castle in the background and the fireworks are breathtaking. Truly magical!

There were a couple of counterservice instances where the CM saw it was someone's birthday and gave them a little extra something like a brownie or cookie. So, wear that birthday button!!!

I know there are more, I'm trying to rack my brain. But, you get the idea. Disney does birthday celebrations right!

In all our cases, I never "insisted" on any special treatment. I had the celebration noted on our ADRs or told the CM at check-in we were celebrating something special. They took it from there.
    Last edited by TXTaylors5; 08-10-2011 at 03:57 AM.
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"