Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Which villa or suite to choose? in the Vacation Planning forums; I need opinions and help on which accomodation to choose for our next trip in 2010. I know it's early, but I like to plan ahead and look at all ...
    WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(

Question Which villa or suite to choose?

I need opinions and help on which accomodation to choose for our next trip in 2010. I know it's early, but I like to plan ahead and look at all options.
    Here are the specifics
    7 people, (4 adults, 13yr old, 7yr old 5yr old)
    We have stayed at the allstar resorts and like them, but this trip I think we would be more comfortable in a suite or villa. I don't know if we should just tough it out in a couple of value resort rooms or pay a little more for the comfort of more room and a kitchenette.The 13yr old and 7yr old won't sleep in the same bed anymore. I would really like to hear where others have stayed and the pros and cons. We will be flying so we won't have a car (we may rent one, I am not sure yet)
    Thanks for any advice.
    Donna

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder
    WIth that size crew, it looks like you need 5 bedding areas. You probably need a villa or look at an off-site vacation home (if you rent vehicles).

NorweJenNY is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Which villa or suite to choose?

A few options...

At Old Key West, you could do a 2 BR villa... they are the most spacious.
    You'd have a master bedroom w/ bathroom (w/ whirlpool tub)... 1 king bed... Then a 2nd bedroom w/ bathroom & 2 queen beds. The living room has a sleeper sofa (plus a loveseat that might be able to fit a small child sleeping). You'd also have a full kitchen, your own in-room laundry room, and a great patio/deck so you can spread out between inside and outside for meals in your villa.

I hear Animal Kingdom Villas... some of them... will have similar accomodations, some with a 3rd bathroom if I'm not mistaken...

And another option might be Saratoga Springs Resorts' Treehouse Villas. They will have 3 bedrooms, two bedrooms each have a queen bed & the 3rd will have bunk beds, plus a queen sleeper sofa & single sleeper chair in the living room. These will also have a deck with grill, I believe.

There are other villas available, but these are the ones with the most real beds (less dependence on sleeper sofas).

If you do decide to rent a car & rent a vacation home, I have some 3-4 Bedroom options at some really nice off-property resorts that I'm not using next year. We could work out a rental agreement.
    Jenny

April 1996 - Off Property
    December 2001-January 2002 - Honeymoon - CBR
    April 2003 - Off Property
    July 2004 - OKW
    July 2006 - Off Property
    August 2007 - POP
    May 2008 - OKW
    June 2008 - SSR
    July 2009 - POR & WL
    September/October 2009 - ASMo

Next Trip - December 2009 - POFQ & VWL

J&J
    J&J is offline E-Ticket Holder

Re: Which villa or suite to choose?

the villa would be the best, they also have one or 2 bedrooms with washer,dryer balcon6y anda full kichen.
    J&J