Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Internet on Property in the Vacation Planning forums; Ok so... with this upcoming trip being 7 nights long, I'm thinking of going ahead and getting the broadband service in our room. What I'm wondering is, have any of ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Question Internet on Property

Ok so... with this upcoming trip being 7 nights long, I'm thinking of going ahead and getting the broadband service in our room. What I'm wondering is, have any of the resorts moved up to WiFi yet or is everything still wired?

We're staying at ASMo this time around so if I had to guess I'd say I am stuck with the wired connection which is fine... just would much rather be able to sit wherever and move around (to avoid a 3 year-old's grabby hands at my laptop).

I can't remember from last time but isn't the router etc. already in your room and you just have to have it activated? It's been nearly a year since we've been on property in a value resort.

Oh Also - are there any places outside the resorts with Internet/WiFi? Like could one be sitting on a bench at Downtown and connect?

This is all stuff I've never worried about in the past because our trips were always so short and rushed so I am honestly clueless.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder
    I just read, on this site I think, that the local McDonalds all have WiFi. Probably not where you would want to hang out, but if is just to send and receive mail it might be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    I just read, on this site I think, that the local McDonalds all have WiFi. Probably not where you would want to hang out, but if is just to send and receive mail it might be okay.
    Hrm. There is a McDonalds really close to the All Star Resorts... wonder how strong their signal is. LOL!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

Stitch's buddy is offline Hakuna Matata
    I forget where I read this but they said the Mickey D's new pop has wifi and the signal is strong enough to send an email in your car. Also the Milk House has WiFi but that way out of the way. Im going to try and find that article.

I FINISHED my first ever race, ToT 13Kand running it again in '09

** Please, Please excuse my grammatical and spelling errors. Correct me if I'm wrong.**

Stitch's buddy is offline Hakuna Matata
    Apparently Wilderness has WiFi for a fee
    Does Fort Wilderness have Internet access?
    Yes. Like the other resorts, Disney offers wireless Internet at three hot spots and broadband cable at the sites and cabins. The three WIFI spots at Fort Wilderness are Reception Outpost, Meadows, and Crockett's Tavern. Cost is $4.99 for the first 60 minutes or $9.95 for 24 contiguous hours. Technical Support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by calling the vendor, Smart City, at their help desk: 407-938-HELP. Both the Cabins and Preferred campsites can also rent a cable modem kit to have high speed Internet access. A Local Area Network (LAN) cable is required. The necessary modem kit is rented at the Front Desk in the Outpost. A $125 refundable deposit is required and the kits should be reserved in advance or will most likely not be available. Cost is $9.95 for 24 contiguous hours. Dial-up access is also available at the Reception Outpost.
    ( from http://http://allears.net/acc/faq_fw.htm )

I FINISHED my first ever race, ToT 13Kand running it again in '09

** Please, Please excuse my grammatical and spelling errors. Correct me if I'm wrong.**

Wilderness Lodge was only free if you were DVC. At least that's why they told us when we were there last month.

Ft. Wilderness has WiFi in certain spots but it's a bit over priced.

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Internet on Property

internet is free at DVC resorts for DVC members using their points
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Ok,this is a completely different reply than all so far.Not to be snotty,cause I'm not,come on! This is a vacation! Leave the computer alone for a week! I love the computer and the internet like anybody else.We just got DSL where we live and it's great,a whole lot faster than dial up.
    But come on! Can't you go a week or so without that thing? I know I can.What about when there were no computers? How was life then? I'll tell ya,much more simpler.Like I said,I need the computer now in my life since we have them,BUT! I CAN do without it for a week on a vacation!Who knows?It might bring a little peace for a week.
    Now don't get mad at me and whine.We're all Disney brothers and sisters in here,and this brother might be the black sheep of the family.ha ha!
    Park Hopper Dad!

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder

I know with my AT&T aircard did not work at Caribbean Resort even on WIFI. I walked all around that place and it never hooked up till we left the resort in the rental car. It did work fine at OKW in Jan this year. It worked at Saratoga in May last year too. It didn't work too great at MCO either in the Southwest Terminal Wing.

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder

I take it to see who is there when I'm there. Also it easy to find numbers and other things I might want to see. Also I like to check in Online before I get to the Airport. Also with my Magicjack, I can talk to anybody for free when I get back to the room unlike my cell thats only AT&T that I burn up all day looking for my kids and group.

J&J
    J&J is offline E-Ticket Holder

BW< BC SWan and Doplhin I know they have it. don't think any of the rest has wireless yet. disney other hotels will soon so many use the interent.
    J&J