Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Best Transportation at Moderate Resorts in the Vacation Planning forums; Do you guys have an opinion as to which moderate resort has the best transportation? By best, I mean fastest (least amount of bus stops), most convenient, shorter lines, etc?? ...
    aprilhendrix9 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Best Transportation at Moderate Resorts

Do you guys have an opinion as to which moderate resort has the best transportation? By best, I mean fastest (least amount of bus stops), most convenient, shorter lines, etc?? I don't really care about the other aspects of the resort (restaurants, theme, pools, etc) as we won't be there that much but I read somewhere on here that some resorts you need to tack on an extra 40 minutes to get to your location just because the bus stops that often at other stops.

Thanks!
    This September!! . . . 2010-6 days-Animal Kingdom
    1994-1 day-Mgic Kingdom-Off Site
    1995-1 day-Magic Kingdom-Off Site
    2008-5 days-Polynesian

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Best Transportation at Moderate Resorts

I think Port Orleans French Quarter probably has the best transportation. There's only one bus stop to the entire resort, though sometimes they do share a bus with Port Orleans Riverside. When its busier though, they have their own bus. French Quarter is usually always the first ones picked up and the first ones dropped back off at their resort at night. If you're a hurry to get to the parks, or want to get back to your resort quickly, it really can't be beaten. They also have boat transportation to Downtown Disney, which then has bus transportation if you'd like to go somewhere else from there.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

I would agree that the transportation at POFQ is good, Riverside is also. Like Sorria mentioned, the two resorts share a bus when crowd levels aren't too high. If you're going when it isn't peak time, you may want to check out Riverside. Since POFQ gets picked up before it, you'll be on your way to the parks as soon as the bus driver picks up at all the Riversde stops. However, at the end of the day, the ride takes a little longer because you have to wait for all the POFQ people to get dropped off before you. Both resorts great..I don't think bus service is really an issue at either.

My family has also stayed at Caribbean Beach which was nice. Bus service wasn't bad, but the resort is big so it takes some time to pick up and drop off at all the stops. We stayed in the Barbados section which was always last to be dropped off, and at the end of a long day it wasn't always fun to have to wait that long to get back to our room.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

wdweric is offline A-Ticket holder

we recently stayed at Caribbean Beach, We were in Jamaica so we usually were picked up first and dropped off first, since they split the resort in half one bus will pick up Jamaica,Aruba, and Barbados then leave for the parks, The other bus will pick up Martinique, Trinidad north, then south. The bus coming back will make the loop around the whole resort. the only complaint is how far the Caribbean Beach Bus Stops were ath the parks, you think being a moderate you would have a shorter walk to the bus stop. We were always farther away from any other moderate and at some parks farther away than some of the values. next time we are gonna try Coronado Springs, their stops were right next to the deluxe, but to answer your question probably POFQ.

Piglit is offline C-Ticket Holder

We found the buses at Coronado Springs to be the best so far. Very frequent and rarely full. Several stops at convenient points in the resort.
    "Peace, Love & Mickey Mouse"

We will probably go in September so not too crowded. I've heard that Carribbean Beach is nice but really big and sometimes too big for some people. I've been looking at the Port Orleans resorts so I guess in September, when it comes to bus lines, would you say Riverside would be best because it will get picked up before the French Quarter?

Also, we will be traveling with 3 small children so we definitely want to be able to get back to the resort for an afternoon break.

I will also check out Coronado Springs.
    2008-5 days-Polynesian

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder

French Quarter always gets picked up before Riverside. French Quarter also gets dropped off before Riverside.

If going back for afternoon naps are important to you and you want to make sure you get a seat on the buses instead of having to stand, I'd definitely recommend French Quarter over Riverside if that's what you're looking for.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

CAJUNWDWFAN is offline A-Ticket holder

I never had a problem with Coronado Springs Resort bus service. The only time we had to wait long would be for a Downtown Disney Bus. Other than that, no complaints.
    Disney Trips:
    Beach Club Resort Nov. 29th-Dec.6th, 2009
    Polynesian Resort April-2009 (Honeymoon!)
    Coronado Springs May-2003, Nov.-2006, June-2008
    Port Orleans Riverside October-2007
    Wilderness Lodge December-2005
    Port Orleans 1994
    Numerous trips as a kid to (Contemporary/Polynesian) (1977, 1978, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1987)

Thanks, everybody!! You have definitely helped me narrow it down. It will be either French Quarter or Coronado Springs!!

I am so grateful for this site.
    2008-5 days-Polynesian