Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Where have you stayed

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Where have you stayed in the Vacation Planning forums; Well to all you rich people that can stay in deluxes,(I'm just kidding trying to be funny),go stay in a value.Actually I do like the value resorts even though that's ...
    Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Where have you stayed

Well to all you rich people that can stay in deluxes,(I'm just kidding trying to be funny),go stay in a value.Actually I do like the value resorts even though that's all I can afford.One year I was able to stay at the Caribbean beach resort and really wasn't very impressed with it at all.Rooms aren't much bigger than a value and the grounds are nice but so is a value.We have stayed at all 4 value resorts and 4 times at allstar music.(I'm a musician).Pop is our favorite of the four.I would liketo stay at the other moderates and even a deluxe but if it's beyond my budget,then it is and I will bypass them.So yall enjoy your "big daddy" resorts and remember little ole me,when you walk around your castles.LOL! (intended as humorous!).
    Park Hopper Dad!

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

We only go about every two or three years these days, so we always treat ourselves to the deluxe resorts. If we went any more often we'd definitely be staying in something less expensive.

But, the Contemporary is my baby. Always has been, always will be. We've considering trying the Grand Floridian, but I'm old school WDW and still love the "retro-futuristic" feel of the Contemporary.

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder

Would like to stay on a Monorail resort someday but for now...OKW and AKL tied best for me..SSR is nice also (love the gym) WL was a huge disappointment but very quiet and rooms good and cold. Caribbean was ok but really loved CSR (everybody else hates it. Also another good gym) Values well thats what there are but recently stayed at Movies because of offsite goof up but was good.
    10/2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    05/2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    01/2013 Beach Club Resort
    11/2012 Saratoga Springs
    04/2012 Old Key West
    02/2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    12/2011 Downtown Disney Buena Vista Palace
    09/2011 Wilderness Lodge
    05/2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    09/2010 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    05/2010 Bonnet Creek
    10/2009 Coronado/Old Key West
    05/2009 Saratoga Springs
    03/2009 Old Key West
    01/2009 Saratoga Springs
    11/2008 Offsite
    09/2008 Offsite
    05/2008 Caribbean Resort
    03/2008 offsite
    01/2008 offsite
    11/2007 off site
    05/2007 offsite

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

What did you think of the Buena Vista Palace? We stayed at the Hilton right across from there for a night the last time we went down. And since we'll be spending a day or two at the in-laws down on the coast this Christmas we'll probably be looking for a night when we get in town from the airport (won't be truly hitting the resort for a couple of days).

We considered the Hilton again, but I've always been interested in the Palace.

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Boardwalk

Caribbean Beach

Coronado Springs

Port Orleans French Quarter

All Star Music

All Star Sports

Pop Century

oswaldtherabbit is offline A-Ticket holder

I've stayed at the Contemporary (as well as the Bay Lake Tower), Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, All Star Movies & Sports, and the Boardwalk Inn.
    I want to stay at:
    -Grand Floridian
    -Polynesian
    -Swan & Dolphin
    -Beach & Yacht Club
    -Coronado Springs
    -Caribbean Beach

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad View Post
    Well to all you rich people that can stay in deluxes,(I'm just kidding trying to be funny),go stay in a value.Actually I do like the value resorts even though that's all I can afford.One year I was able to stay at the Caribbean beach resort and really wasn't very impressed with it at all.Rooms aren't much bigger than a value and the grounds are nice but so is a value.We have stayed at all 4 value resorts and 4 times at allstar music.(I'm a musician).Pop is our favorite of the four.I would liketo stay at the other moderates and even a deluxe but if it's beyond my budget,then it is and I will bypass them.So yall enjoy your "big daddy" resorts and remember little ole me,when you walk around your castles.LOL! (intended as humorous!).
    Aman to that. i'll "remember" you when i walk around my mini castles. oh and i do stay at a value. from time to time.
    Last edited by nicholas; 04-22-2012 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Aman to that. i'll "remember" you when i walk around my mini castles. oh and i do stay at a value. from time to time.
    Oh please do, and tell King Mickey that the court jester-park hopper dad is just happy to be granted the priviledge of even being allowed to walk upon such sacred grounds as Disney property,much less to be allowed to stay in an "on-property" resort; of such magnatude that only jesters can afford! LOL!
    Park Hopper Dad!

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad View Post
    Oh please do, and tell King Mickey that the court jester-park hopper dad is just happy to be granted the priviledge of even being allowed to walk upon such sacred grounds as Disney property,much less to be allowed to stay in an "on-property" resort; of such magnatude that only jesters can afford! LOL!
    What do you think about the new Art Of Animation resort?

I'm not much for the "kiddie" themed resorts, but I have to admit this one actually looks pretty darned interesting.

And from what I've heard the food court there is second to none.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    What do you think about the new Art Of Animation resort?

I'm not much for the "kiddie" themed resorts, but I have to admit this one actually looks pretty darned interesting.

And from what I've heard the food court there is second to none.
    To be honest, I really don't know.Let me splain Lucy! Several years ago when my girls were maybe 12 and 9,at those ages,they weren't as into the Allstar Movies as younger kids are.But we stayed at allstar movies and weren't as impressed with it as we were with allstar music.We are musicians and singers.Sports,we stayed there in 2000 which was our first time on property.As I have gotten older and more into church and focusing on our music,I have lost interest in sports so staying there was only because other resorts were full.So I said all that to say this:
    To me,just from seeing pics and vids,it looks to me like it is basicly another movies resort.There will be tons of smaller kids there constantly,(I love kids but mine are 21 ands 18 now).My 18 yr old does want to stay there because of the suites.We would either need two adjoining rooms or a suite that sleeps multi.Due to my restless sleeping,my wife and I don't sleep in the same bed anymore,so she would need her own bed as well as our girls.
    Would we ever stay at animation? maybe,but we have only stayed at POP two times,and I really like POP.But if I could afford it,I might like to stay at another moderate,like Coronado Springs,or Port Orleans.Do you have any opinions on those two resorts?
    So as for my opinion about animation,to me,it's an advanced version of allstar movies.However if you say the food court is better than the others,that I would check out.
    Park Hopper Dad!

The food court there has gotten nothing but the highest of praise so far. Now, they may have it amped up now because the resort is new, who knows? But...

As to your question about Port Orleans: when we were down there in 2010, the in-laws stayed at Port Orleans Riverside. Let me tell you, brother, I give that place two very enthusiastic thumbs up! The rooms aren't huge, but they are nicely done and the resort area itself is actually a nice rendition of old school Florida apartment buildings. And I say that in a very positive way. Very secluded, very serene, and the restaurant there (which we met them for breakfast for one day) was actually very cool. We didn't stick around long to view the grounds since we were anxious to get to the parks, but what we saw was rather impressive.

I don't know how you could go wrong there for the money. I would say it truly rivals some of the big timers. Honestly.

Haven't seen Coronado Springs, but I've also never heard anything bad about it.

If you can swing POR on your next trip, I'd say look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    The food court there has gotten nothing but the highest of praise so far. Now, they may have it amped up now because the resort is new, who knows? But...

As to your question about Port Orleans: when we were down there in 2010, the in-laws stayed at Port Orleans Riverside. Let me tell you, brother, I give that place two very enthusiastic thumbs up! The rooms aren't huge, but they are nicely done and the resort area itself is actually a nice rendition of old school Florida apartment buildings. And I say that in a very positive way. Very secluded, very serene, and the restaurant there (which we met them for breakfast for one day) was actually very cool. We didn't stick around long to view the grounds since we were anxious to get to the parks, but what we saw was rather impressive.

I don't know how you could go wrong there for the money. I would say it truly rivals some of the big timers. Honestly.

Haven't seen Coronado Springs, but I've also never heard anything bad about it.

If you can swing POR on your next trip, I'd say look into it.
    Thanks for the info.We went over to Port Orleans one year and toured it and videosed some.We didn't walk way down to the Riverside ara,just stayed near the boat dock,the check in bldg,the gift shop/restaurant and the French Quater area.We were looking around.I wasn't impressed from just walking in and looking at the food court,with the Mardi Gras look.But that's just me,I don't care for all of that stuff.We didn't eat there so I can't say anything about the food.I really like how it looked,at least the areas we saw. We stayed at Caribbean Beach once and it was ok,but the rooms weren't hardly any better than a value.It was barely bigger and who needs a big tv cabinet anyway?No big deal.We stayed in Jamaica and was the first on and the first off for the bus.Which I didn't like after we boarded to ride around the whole complex before we left the resort.Take the bad with the good I guess.The pool was ok,food court was horrible.POP food court much much better.No arcade and gift shopwas mediocre.So besides the little nicer landscaping,I didn't see the difference between it and values.maybe Coronado Springs is better,who knows.
    So we will just have to see when we are able to go back to WDW.I still don't have a steady job and don't even have money to pay a couple of bills.They might even get turned off before I get money to pay them.I hate this worldly ways of such greed! Anyway thanks,enjoy and we will be back one day.God willing.
    Park Hopper Dad!

We didn't visit French Quarter, so I'll take your word for how underwhelming it was. And I'm sorry to hear that. The food court at Riverside had much more of a rustic look to it, IIRC. The waterwheel outside was pretty cool, too. I'll have to see if I can find some of the pics we took there.

I've heard the Pop food court is really good. Nice to have another thumbs up for that one.

And once again, I wish you the best with the work situation. These times aren't being kind to us.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast