Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Where have you stayed

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Where have you stayed in the Vacation Planning forums; Check this out. http://wdwnewstoday.com/archives/9662...
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: Where have you stayed

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    We didn't visit French Quarter, so I'll take your word for how underwhelming it was. And I'm sorry to hear that. The food court at Riverside had much more of a rustic look to it, IIRC. The waterwheel outside was pretty cool, too. I'll have to see if I can find some of the pics we took there.

I've heard the Pop food court is really good. Nice to have another thumbs up for that one.

And once again, I wish you the best with the work situation. These times aren't being kind to us.
    Yeah,times aren't being kind to us are they.You know,I didn't know there was a food court down at the Riverside part of Port Orleans.I just assumed the Mardi Gras was it.I will go back and check that Riverside area out.So does Riverside have its own check in area and food court and gift shop,separate from the French Quarter section?
    Park Hopper Dad!

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

The outside of the food court are in those pictures I posted a link to.

As for check in, I really don't know. From what I've always understood they are indeed separate, but can't confirm nor deny.

The outside of the food court are in those pictures I posted a link to.

As for check in, I really don't know. From what I've always understood they are indeed separate, but can't confirm nor deny.
    I saw the pics link you posted and it does have a separate check in area.Gosh it looks like an old southern plantation mansion inside! Do you have any pics or a link for the food court at Riverside?
    Park Hopper Dad!

Monkeycakes is offline A-Ticket holder

Coronado, all of the All Stars, Pop, Caribbean Beach, & Beach Club. 16 visits so far!!!

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

The food court there has gotten nothing but the highest of praise so far. Now, they may have it amped up now because the resort is new, who knows? But...

As to your question about Port Orleans: when we were down there in 2010, the in-laws stayed at Port Orleans Riverside. Let me tell you, brother, I give that place two very enthusiastic thumbs up! The rooms aren't huge, but they are nicely done and the resort area itself is actually a nice rendition of old school Florida apartment buildings. And I say that in a very positive way. Very secluded, very serene, and the restaurant there (which we met them for breakfast for one day) was actually very cool. We didn't stick around long to view the grounds since we were anxious to get to the parks, but what we saw was rather impressive.

I don't know how you could go wrong there for the money. I would say it truly rivals some of the big timers. Honestly.

Haven't seen Coronado Springs, but I've also never heard anything bad about it.

If you can swing POR on your next trip, I'd say look into it.
    Just got back last Tuesday from a week-long trip to WDW. We stayed in the newly opened Cars section of Art of Animation. It was the best of the values we have stayed at, so far! We have previously stayed in a family suite at All Star Music and also a regular room at Pop. We stayed in a family suite at Art so I don't know about the regular rooms but our suite was very cool.
    The theming of the whole resort is great and yes, the food court was pretty awesome!
    Create your own omelette, create your own pasta, etc. One day for lunch I had a Surf and Surf Burger...It was a crab cake with 6 fried "popcorn" shrimp...the shrimp were the biggest "popcorn" shrimp I've ever seen! It was VERY good!
    Overall, we'd DEFINITELY stay there again.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Also, the first 2 times we took our kiddos back in '01 and '04 we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside. Still our favorite and we consider it our "home" resort!
    We stayed in buildings 27 and 18 respectively, very close to the main building. The place is awesome!
    Hope to be able to stay there sometime again soon!

BTW...
    HaunetdGabe can give you chapter and verse on POR. They have stayed there many times over the years.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Throw any questions about either at me. Hopefully I can answer 'em.
    A far as POR goes, if I can't answer 'em, I'm pretty sure she can!
    ~ you know who

arielfan316 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Stayed at AS Movies my first weeklong trip to WDW (Mighty Ducks building 10)
    Stayed at AS Music last time in WDW (Calypso building #1)
    Staying at AS Movies again next month (not sure what building)
    Visits to Disney:

February 2009: off-site 1 day trip to Epcot and Magic Kingdom

February 2010: All Star Movies 7 days, 6 nights of magic

February 2011: All Star Music 7 days, 6 nights of magic

September 2012: All Star Movies 4 days, 3 nights of magic

March 2013: All Star Movies 3 days, 2 nights of magic

April 2013: Pop Century 3 days, 2 night of magic

(Upcoming) January 2014 6 days, 5 nights of magic

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

My daughter and I go, when we can and we have stayed at ASMo, ASSp, ASMm, and POFQ.

I am now totally in love with POFQ, and convinced my father in law to book it for his trip in October.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Have been to Contemporary, Poly, WL, and OKW... Personally the WL is my favorite, and this year we will be in it for the holiday decorating...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

DatunofficialDP is offline A-Ticket holder

I have stayed at all star sports , pop century and port Orleans French quarter and I'm hoping to stay at riverside during my next trip this may

jillmitchell is offline A-Ticket holder

Where is Art of Animation?

Art of Animation backs up to POP Century resort. Both entrances for both resorts are on the same road, but spaced a short distance from each other. Art of Animation was originally going to be called The Classic years or legendary years resort or something similar to that. It would have spanned the decades from 1900-1940. With POP being from the 1950's-1990's. Art is a value resort, but it does cost a lot more to stay there than POP or the three All Stars. It has some suites there which really are too expensive. Like $200 a night. We walked the resort and ate there and took some pics, and honestly I wasn't really impressed at all. Your room entry is from an inside hallway, not outside like the other values are. The check in area is too gaudy for me. The lights are redish orange and are just too bright on the eyes for a long period of time. Food wasn't all that grand a s I have heard but it wasn't bad. I am quite sure we wil never stay there.
    Park Hopper Dad!

jillmitchell is offline A-Ticket holder

I mean where is Art of Animation on the list.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast