Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Where have you stayed

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Where have you stayed in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by Mr Bluebird arrgh, i knew there was another one I'd stayed at. Dixie Landings (twice)! I've been racking my brains since filling in the poll What is ...
    disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bluebird
    arrgh, i knew there was another one I'd stayed at. Dixie Landings (twice)! I've been racking my brains since filling in the poll What is it called these days then?
    I was spoilt by my first ever visit when I came over from the UK on a Press trip and stayed in Wilderness Lodge. One of the greatest experiences of my life!
    Since I started going with my family we have been to Caribbean Beach, Fort Wilderness, All Star Movies and All Star Music, all of which were great. It has to be Disney property every time. Only trouble is, my family is growing ... my daughter wants to bring her boyfriend and my eldest son has got engaged. That makes six and I have been trying to work out the most economical way for us all to stay in a Disney resort (perhaps 2 rooms at an All Star or a cabin & tent at Fort Wilderness? Help!

Dixie Landings is now Port Orleans: Riverside. Beautiful place!

2 rooms at a Value or even a moderate at the right rate is a great way for 6 adults to travel together. You get the convenience of 2 bathrooms, 4 full-size beds, and space to breathe. I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to pitch a tent next to a cabin at Ft. Wilderness - the cabins sleep 6 but it's rather cozy if they are all adults. The other option is to go with a Home-Away-From-Home resort (Disney Vacation Club properties like Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, etc) for a villa that sleeps 6. You might be able to rent points from a DVC member to make it more affordable.

In the Downtown Disney Resorts, the Doubletree Guest Suites sleep 6, but that's not quite the same as staying 'on property'.
    Good luck!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Disneynut57 is offline Fastpass Holder

Smile

Have stayed at Port Orleans Riverside ( then Dixie Landings) and was great! We had like a two minute walk to bus stop but long walk to the food court. HAve stayed off site but much better on site.

Mr Bluebird is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004
    Dixie Landings is now Port Orleans: Riverside. Beautiful place!

2 rooms at a Value or even a moderate at the right rate is a great way for 6 adults to travel together. You get the convenience of 2 bathrooms, 4 full-size beds, and space to breathe. I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to pitch a tent next to a cabin at Ft. Wilderness - the cabins sleep 6 but it's rather cozy if they are all adults. The other option is to go with a Home-Away-From-Home resort (Disney Vacation Club properties like Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, etc) for a villa that sleeps 6. You might be able to rent points from a DVC member to make it more affordable.

In the Downtown Disney Resorts, the Doubletree Guest Suites sleep 6, but that's not quite the same as staying 'on property'.
    Good luck!
    WOW! Thanks for all the info! Yes, we've been talking about it and 2 rooms at an All-Star could be the way to go. The cabins at Fort Wilderness are fine, but there's no way we'd fit all 6 of us in as we are a bit on the big side! I tried looking into the DVC, but didn't really follow how it all works. I'm not sure if it would be the right thing for us (we average a visit to WDW every 2 years roughly - and spend the 24 months in between constantly talking about and planning our trip on an almost daily basis!). Do you know where can I find out more about renting points from a DVC member?
    I must be honest, I hadn't heard about the Doubletree Guest Suites. They sound interesting, but are they actually on or off property?
    To get back to WDW trivia, can you tell me why they changed the name from Dixie Landings to Port Orleans? I remember it as being a fantastic resort, so relaxing and comfortable. I would love to stay there again.
    Anyway, bedtime over here in the UK night, night
    =

I miss the babbling

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Doubletree Guest Suites is on Hotel Plaza Blvd., which is technically a part of Disney property, but the hotels are owned by chains not Disney and do not have the same perks as the Disney-owned resorts. If I remember correctly the sleeps 6 is two double beds and a sleeper sofa.

There are DVC members around who will be able to better answer the point-renting question, or you might try the DVC threads on the boards.

Dixie Landings became Port Orleans when Disney decided to consolidate some of the behind-the-scenes services and make Port Orleans and Dixie Landings "sister" resorts (much like the Yacht and Beach Clubs). Port Orleans became Port Orleans: French Quarter, and Dixie Landings became Port Orleans: Riverside. They both are beautiful resorts!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

BuscoNan is offline A-Ticket holder
    We love the Caribbean Beach Resort. On our last trip our van driver/CM said the CBR has the highest return rate for guests of all the WDW resorts. Its central location is great.

BuscoNan

lsutiger516 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I have stayed at a variety of Disney resorts, but so far my favorite is the Wilderness Lodge! The lobby is magnificent and the restaurant, Whispering Canyon Cafe, is a great, funny place to eat!
    lsutiger516

Check out my site at:

Four Parks. One World.

dramaqueenk is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I have only stayed in The Caribbean and The Floridian-parents thought it would be more cost effective to buy a timeshare on International Drive in The Cypress Harbour resort which is where we stay now.
    dramaqueenk

"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
    Walt Disney

cjdiggs is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I have stayed at the Port orleans Riverside. it was really nice. the only bad thing was my room was a good ten minute walk to the food court which is not the greatest. I have also stayed at the Port orleans French Quarter. I just loved that one. I would stay there again in a heart beat. I loved the lay out of it everything being close which was super nice after a long day in the park. Finally i stayed at All-star Music. The way look at a place like that u are paying for the disney name nothing else really. the rooms were tiny and the places was very crowed. I would not stay there. i would pay more at stay at a moderate resort. Gee I almost forgot I have stayed at the Caribbean Beach resort. It was fairly nice. but thattrip i was more about the pakrs then walking around and enjoying the resort.I remember however that the restaurant Shutters was very good. Try the Prime rib.

TalkingHands is offline A-Ticket holder
    Stayed a lot of different places in the many years we have gone to Disney. First trip was in 1975 for my honeymoon and we stayed offsite. Continued to stay offsite until one year we decided to stay at Ft Wilderness in a cabin. Have done both cabins and tents there. Stayed at the Contemporary both in the tower and the garden wings, Wilderness Lodge, AKL(Concierge), Coronado Springs, All Star Music, Movie and Sports. DTD, Port Orleans Riverside. Next trip wikk be to Pop Century
    WDW Sept 9-11, 2005

Lisbet

mickeymaster is offline D-Ticket Holder
    ive been 13 times and stayed at the contemporary every time but once
    Man has a Dream, and thats a start...

bethsboyz is offline A-Ticket holder
    We have stayed at All Star Sports at least twice, Pop Century, Port Orleans when it was Dixie Landings, Caribbean Beach, and the Dolphin

MelinaR. is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Grand Floridian because a special event happened there
    MelinaR..

baylordad is offline D-Ticket Holder

Stayed at list below.....

Here is the list...
    "Don't Drink The Beverly!"
    1973 - Holiday Inn
    1977 & 79 - Dutch Inn
    1982 - Royal Plaza
    1984 - Poly
    1986 - Treehouse Villas
    1988 - Hilton (downtown Disney)
    1990 - Offsite
    1991 - Dolphin
    1992 - Wyndham LBV
    1996 - Dolphin
    1997 - Yacht Club Resort (2 Visits)
    1998 - Villas @ Disney Institute
    1999 - Yacht Club Resort (2 Visits)
    2000 & 2001 - Offsite
    2001 - Hilton (downtown Disney)
    2002 - Grosvenor
    2003 - Old Key West (2 Visits)
    2004 - Old Key West
    2004 - All Star Music
    2005 - Beach Club Villas
    2006 - Old Key West & Coronado Springs
    2006 - Old Key West (2nd trip)
    2007 - Saratoga Springs and Coronado Springs
    2008 - Old Key West
    2008 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2009 - Bay Lake Towers and All Star Movies
    2010 - POP and OKW
    2011 - OKW and POP

nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    I have stayed at too many of them

All Star Movies, Music (Okay for the money)
    Beach Club (To many housekeeping problems, but great for Epcot)
    Boardwalk (Needs a refurb)
    Caribbean Beach (To spread out)
    Corordo Springs (CM's aren't friendly don't like the food court)
    Dolphin (lacks disney magic)
    Old Key West (too spread out)
    Poly (perfect in every way!)
    Port Orleans Riverside, French Quarter (Best Moderates around!)
    Pop Cenuty (Great for one night stays)
    Saratoga Springs (to spread out like Old Key West)
    Wilderness Lodge (One of the best resorts around!)
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

Mr Bluebird is offline A-Ticket holder
    Wow! The lists seem to get longer and longer. Wonder if anyone has stayed at them all?
    By the way, we have now booked our next trip (not until next May tho), with special thanks to DisneyDame2004 for all the advice. Pat, bet you're getting excited ... only 33 days to go!
    Decided to plump for 3 rooms at All Star Music again (it's the chocolate chip pancakes you know!)
    Must find out how to put one of those family holiday countdowns on the bottom of my posts...
    =

I miss the babbling

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast