Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Bringing a ..... Microwave? in the Vacation Planning forums; How people spend their money is their own business. I'm more towards the conservative, save-your-pennies end in general, when it comes to finances at least... I know plenty of people ...
    NorweJenNY is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Bringing a ..... Microwave?

How people spend their money is their own business.

I'm more towards the conservative, save-your-pennies end in general, when it comes to finances at least...

I know plenty of people who go all out... sparing no expense! If they have the money, they can go for it.

We can all focus on what we share in common... we all love Disney World...

On another note...

Thanks to the individual who reminded me of the microwaves at the value resort food courts...

Does anyone know if there are microwaves at Port Orleans Riverside too? We do have fridges included in the room rate there, right? Can someone confirm?
    Jenny

April 1996 - Off Property
    December 2001-January 2002 - Honeymoon - CBR
    April 2003 - Off Property
    July 2004 - OKW
    July 2006 - Off Property
    August 2007 - POP
    May 2008 - OKW
    June 2008 - SSR
    July 2009 - POR & WL
    September/October 2009 - ASMo

Next Trip - December 2009 - POFQ & VWL

zima-cheryl is offline C-Ticket Holder

OK - I was curious so I went & checked the Poly which is where we are staying in Sept.

According to the WDW site (Disney's Polynesian Resort) it includes a coffee maker & 'fridge. Microwaves are available on request - does not say there is an additional fee. But I do know that varies by resort. As someone already mentioned value resorts charge for some of the extras that they include w/the price of a delux.

I'd say check out WDW's site for your resort & see what it says.

Another idea/question - does Disney mark the healthy choices on their menus? I know some "real world" places mark their menus so you know the healthier options. Some even list Weight Watcher points if you are doing that program. If WDW did have that on their menus it would probably be a big help. But I can't recall if they do or not?
    Zima-Cheryl

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!

Quote Originally Posted by NorweJenNY View Post
    Does anyone know if there are microwaves at Port Orleans Riverside too? We do have fridges included in the room rate there, right? Can someone confirm?
    There has been a microwave at PO:R in the food court, far side near the hallway to the restrooms. I haven't been there in a year or so now, so that may have changed.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

We brought a microwave in the past with no problems. However, they do frown on you bringing a smoker. Of course some cry-babies complained about the smoke and they sent security but c'mon, there's nothing to compare with slow-cooked brisket! The Disney security people were cool about it, though (after a few bbq sammitches to smooth things over) but I wouldn't recommend this course of action in a post 911 world.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad View Post
    I don't understand people.Why don't everyone eat in their rooms and save money on breakfast? It's only the meal to get one started each day after a night's sleep.Why spend so much money on the morning meal?).
    Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    Because...
    1. Some people are on vacation and therefore will NOT cook/store/prepare foods in their room. Why should they? They are on vacation! It's the same reason some people will NOT do laundry in vacation.
    2. Some budget and/or can afford to eat all their meals out on vacation.
    3. Some really do enjoying eating breakfast out and eating other meals/snacks in their room.
    4. Generally speaking, eating the breakfast meal out is cheaper than eating the lunch or dinner meals out.

I'm DVC, so I always have a kitchen with everything I need. We don't make breakfast every morning in our room, but rather we'll do several breakfasts in our room, lunches, dinners, and snacks in the room. It depends on the day.
    Also in response to MandaBella's comment about budgeting and eating all meals out: I felt very offended by your entire comment!Some of us,don't live "high on the hog" like some,and some don't mind doing their own laundry mid-trip!Some of us also don't mind eating breakfast in our room,because some of us,know the value of a dollar and some of us stretch it as far as we can! Some of us also are not DVC with tons of money to blow,along with an "I'm too good to do anything on my vacation" attitude.Some of us,are decent people trying to earn a living in this greedy world,trying to do the best that we can,to even be able to afford to take our families to Disneyworld,and if we have to eat our breakfast in our rooms,some of us are "GLAD" to do so,because we are at Disneyworld!But some of us have an, "I'm too good to eat in my room,because I'd rather spend money for everything" attitude and are NOT thankful to be able to be at Disneyworld period.Enough said.
    Wow…way to go there ParkHopperDad and finding offense and inferring incorrect assumptions in my repsonse to your query where none was intended. I simply provided you some reasons to your question bolded above because you couldn’t understand why people wouldn’t do as you do. I do not understand why that personally offends you as it was not meant to offend . It’s true for some WDW visitors. I can easily see why some people are interested in saving money on meals vs. others who are interested in splurging on their meals. Can you see both sides and the people in between? Your offense to my comment says a lot more about you than it does me. It does show me you know very little about me or completely read my reply because I did state that I do eat meals in my room in attempts to save money, some of which aren’t just breakfast. It’s part of the reason we bought into DVC all those years ago when we could. I didn’t realize purchasing DVC years ago meant I wasn’t a decent hard working person or implied I have a “ ‘I'm too good to eat in my room,because I'd rather spend money for everything’ attitude.” I’m not going to apologize for working hard and having the money at the right time to buy into DVC. I sure couldn’t do it now, but I’m glad I did when I could. I’m not going to take offense at your comment because your entire reply shows how little you know me, but how quick you are to take and find offense.
    I also do laundry in room in attempts to save money. I’m interested in saving money on some meals in an attempt to eat nicer meals out. Everyone does WDW there way and what works for their family and budget. No way is right, wrong, or even static. Enjoy your next trip ParkHopperDad as I’m sure I will enjoy mine.
    Last edited by MandaBella; 04-02-2009 at 12:26 AM.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    At POP and Allstars Resorts,in the food court,there is a microwave over by the condiment counter out in the dining area.This microwave is for those that buy bagels,toast,muffins,etc.I don't see any problem,even taking your food to the food court,heating it up and eating in the dining area.
    Also,the fridges for the rooms,at least at the value resorts,have a rental fee.That's why we never rent one.It's Disney!They'd charge you for the air you breathe while on their property if they could!

Also in response to MandaBella's comment about budgeting and eating all meals out: I felt very offended by your entire comment!Some of us,don't live "high on the hog" like some,and some don't mind doing their own laundry mid-trip!Some of us also don't mind eating breakfast in our room,because some of us,know the value of a dollar and some of us stretch it as far as we can! Some of us also are not DVC with tons of money to blow,along with an "I'm too good to do anything on my vacation" attitude.Some of us,are decent people trying to earn a living in this greedy world,trying to do the best that we can,to even be able to afford to take our families to Disneyworld,and if we have to eat our breakfast in our rooms,some of us are "GLAD" to do so,because we are at Disneyworld!But some of us have an, "I'm too good to eat in my room,because I'd rather spend money for everything" attitude and are NOT thankful to be able to be at Disneyworld period.Enough said.
    Kind of harsh there. There is no reason to be offended, Mandabella was just stating some facts why some people do things opposite of you.

Some people who are on vacation have saved and want to live "high on the hog" while others want to do what you do. There are lots of positives in both of your opinions.

As for DVC members, most buy into it so it's easier to go to WDW every year and not worry about hotel rooms. They also do it to save money on meals and so they can do laundry mid-trip. Most, if not all the people I know who are DVC members are not "I'm too good to do anything on my vacation" people, they have the same concerns as you.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

To all,
    I was wrong with my post in reference to what MandaBella posted.I wrote harsh words that were not meant that way,but since we don't have a way of expressing ourselves on these posts as to how we mean something,that only leaves our words to try to convey what we are saying.This time,I made a mistake in the way I put my comment.Even though I knew how I meant it;I was unable to convey across to you folks what I was saying,so it appeared as bashing,but wasn't.
    I apologize to all,but especially MandaBella.
    We are all Disney brothers and sisters in this forum,and I am not here to hurt anyone at all.But sometimes I do feel like the "black-sheep of the family". ha ha.
    Again,I'm sorry.
    Park Hopper Dad!

NorweJenNY is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    There has been a microwave at PO:R in the food court, far side near the hallway to the restrooms. I haven't been there in a year or so now, so that may have changed.
    Thanks!
    Jenny

April 1996 - Off Property
    December 2001-January 2002 - Honeymoon - CBR
    April 2003 - Off Property
    July 2004 - OKW
    July 2006 - Off Property
    August 2007 - POP
    May 2008 - OKW
    June 2008 - SSR
    July 2009 - POR & WL
    September/October 2009 - ASMo

Next Trip - December 2009 - POFQ & VWL

M5ward is offline C-Ticket Holder

When I'm on vacation, I like to pamper myself (because if I don't, who will?) I don't want to prepare food if I don't have to. I have done laundry when we have stayed in 1 or 2 bedroom accommodations (yes, we belong to DVC).
    I think it's personal preference (and budget, of course) as to when and where you eat out. My husband loves breakfast, but I could care less! It's vacation so we usually have breakfast somewhere (he needs to be pampered too.) When we have been down with one of our kids and their family, we have often fed the kids in the room and stopped somewhere for the big people.
    Even Disneymaniacs need to vent sometimes....we're all friends and who better to vent to?
    Michele
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on until Morning!
    šoš * ~ ** ~ * šoš

November, 1981 (CR), November, 1983 (CR), December, 1994 (off-site),January, 2005 (BWI), March, 2006 (BWI), January, 2007 (SSR), November, 2007 (SSR), February. 2008 (BWV), October, 2008 (OKW), January, 2009 (BWV)

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

To all,
    I was wrong with my post in reference to what MandaBella posted.I wrote harsh words that were not meant that way,but since we don't have a way of expressing ourselves on these posts as to how we mean something,that only leaves our words to try to convey what we are saying.This time,I made a mistake in the way I put my comment.Even though I knew how I meant it;I was unable to convey across to you folks what I was saying,so it appeared as bashing,but wasn't.
    I apologize to all,but especially MandaBella.
    We are all Disney brothers and sisters in this forum,and I am not here to hurt anyone at all.But sometimes I do feel like the "black-sheep of the family". ha ha.
    Again,I'm sorry.
    That was a really big thing of you to do, so thanks to you for saying that... if only everyone in the world could be big enough to apologize.

I don't think there'd be a problem, but i'm not sure how you'll get it down there unless you're driving =/
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12