Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Room Rates in the Vacation Planning forums; My family is still in the talking stages of planning a trip during either or September or October of this year. We were throwing around the idea of arriving on ...
    Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Room Rates

My family is still in the talking stages of planning a trip during either or September or October of this year. We were throwing around the idea of arriving on October 3 when I noticed that value season ends only 2 days earlier. My question is if we were to arrive on October 1, the last day of value season, would the value season rate extend through our whole trip? Or would we be paying regular season rates as soon as the Oct. 2 came?

Another quick question..we're looking at this time to go because of free dining..if we did arrive on the 3rd (the last day of free dining), the free plan would cover us for our whole trip, correct?
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Room Rates

I don't know about free dining since I've never used it. But unless I'm mistaken, I believe that Value Season will only cover days that are actually in Value Season, not other days even if though the trip is booked during the "value season". I'm pretty sure that's the way it works anyway.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

It used to be that if you started your trip during Value, you got that rate the entire time. However they have change it and your rates will change based on the season the actual date is in.

J&J
    J&J is offline E-Ticket Holder

you would be charge two different rates.
    J&J

zima-cheryl is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    My family is still in the talking stages of planning a trip during either or September or October of this year. We were throwing around the idea of arriving on October 3 when I noticed that value season ends only 2 days earlier. My question is if we were to arrive on October 1, the last day of value season, would the value season rate extend through our whole trip? Or would we be paying regular season rates as soon as the Oct. 2 came?

Another quick question..we're looking at this time to go because of free dining..if we did arrive on the 3rd (the last day of free dining), the free plan would cover us for our whole trip, correct?
    As everyone else said - the price changes per night, so no the value rate would not cover the entire stay.

The good news is, if you hit the last day of free dining, the way I understand it, that does extend through your entire reservation. I would suggest you use a good Travel Agent to help you sort out the prices & pick the best dates for your trip.
    Zima-Cheryl

NorweJenNY is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by zima-cheryl View Post
    As everyone else said - the price changes per night, so no the value rate would not cover the entire stay.

The good news is, if you hit the last day of free dining, the way I understand it, that does extend through your entire reservation. I would suggest you use a good Travel Agent to help you sort out the prices & pick the best dates for your trip.

Yes, this is how I understand it... you should be able to get free dining for up to 10 nights (minimum 3 nights) as long as your first night is October 3rd... 2009 Disney World Free Dining

You also must book before June 21, but I would book ASAP if you want to be sure of getting a place to stay for specific dates... with the free dining promo, along with the Food & Wine Festival at the time you're looking at, space may get limited.
    Jenny

April 1996 - Off Property
    December 2001-January 2002 - Honeymoon - CBR
    April 2003 - Off Property
    July 2004 - OKW
    July 2006 - Off Property
    August 2007 - POP
    May 2008 - OKW
    June 2008 - SSR
    July 2009 - POR & WL
    September/October 2009 - ASMo

Next Trip - December 2009 - POFQ & VWL