Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Favorite Deluxe--Mod's--Value--Off Site

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Poll favorite Deluxe--Mod--Value--Off Site in the Vacation Planning forums; the main reason i chose deluxe resorts was how much i've appreciated there great locations next to the parks....
    xtencio is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Poll favorite Deluxe--Mod--Value--Off Site

the main reason i chose deluxe resorts was how much i've appreciated there great locations next to the parks.

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

Stayed off site one trip...never again! I have stayed at almost every resort, and I like them all. Favorites being Boardwalk (DVC), Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, POFQ, and Caribbean Beach. Least favorite is Old Key West, wasn't much to it and I hated the bus transportation.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

PAdisneygirl is offline B-Ticket Holder

I haven't stayed offsite in 20 years (I'm 30) so I guess I am lucky. I picked Deluxe because I absoutely love the Beach Club but have only stayed there once and every otherr time have stayed in a moderate. I really, really want to stay in one of the pirate rooms at Caribbean Beach.
    --------

@kathrynlynch on twitter

always looking for WDW fans to interact with, and if you live in PA/NJ that's even better!

Lmerch44 is offline A-Ticket holder

Got a great deal for Grand Floridian once and it was divine!!! But it is just too expensive...we like Pop and Carribean the best. I always look for the "deals" located in our rooms and book our next trip before we leave. Never stay off property anymore since we have $$ options on property...just doesn't have the same Disney feel

Jensspark is offline A-Ticket holder

I voted for Value. That might change one day when I eventually stay somewhere other than Pop, but that day hasn't come yet. Every trip, I book somewhere else and every year I end up going back "home". Everybody in my family loves Pop and as long as I can get by with a value, I'll take it!
    Jen

May 1999-Offsite June 2009-Pop June 2010-Pop April 2011-Offsite (work trip) Dec 2011-Pop

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

We are DVC Members. But, still stay at the regular WDW resorts when we run out of points. Which seems to be annually now. I think we need to add-on points!

We've stayed at every level of WDW resorts - Value, Moderate, Deluxe and even a cabin at Fort Wilderness. However, once you go Deluxe and DVC, it is so hard to go back to a Value or Moderate room. You know how the "other half" lives from the nicer pools to the quieter hallways. There IS a difference in resorts and you pay for it.

Favorite Resorts:
    Value - We've only stayed at ASMU. It was "okay". Not probably somewhere I'd stay again considering there are other better themed value resorts. I WOULD honestly like to stay at the new resort (Disney's Art of Animation Resort) when it opens in 2012. They will have suites that can hold six guests.

Moderate - We've stayed at CBR, POR and POFQ. Out of those three, I liked POFQ the best. I like the resort theming and the boat to DTD was very convenient after a few adult drinks. But, when the whole family is going, we have to stay at POR with the trundle bed for the fifth person. Wish there were more five person options with the Moderates.

Deluxe - We've stayed at BC, YC & AKL. Out of those three, I like BC the best. You can't beat the location to Epcot and the theming of the resort reminds me of my childhood home. I grew up in NE.

DVC - We've stayed at AKV, VWL, BCV, BWV & SSR. My favorite is BCV. Again, can't beat the location to Epcot and Stormalong Bay is THE BEST pool area on property. IMHO
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

julielizabet is offline A-Ticket holder

Would never stay off-property again (unless maybe someone else was paying for our free vacation...unlikely!!!).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123