Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Villa rental in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi guys, first post here. Quite a fan of the site, my wife, son (he's 7 and still believes that Mickey and co. are real people!) and I love the ...
    eripmav is offline A-Ticket holder

Villa rental

Hi guys, first post here. Quite a fan of the site, my wife, son (he's 7 and still believes that Mickey and co. are real people!) and I love the videos and check daily for WDW news!

We're planning our next trip for the forthcoming September and we're looking for a villa to hire (4th of October-11th iirc) in the Kissimmee area and wondered if anyone has some recommendations? We're looking to spend in the area of 500 for the week. Pool's a necessity...not that I can swim

Gated communities are a bonus and easy access to the 192 would be brilliant. I've been looking around for the last few days, jotted a few down but thought it'd be nice to hear some personal opinions of places to stay!

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Re: Villa rental

Cant help you with the villa, we always stay at a Disney hotel. But are you saying Mickey and co. are not real people??
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

J&J
    J&J is offline E-Ticket Holder

tell your son of course they are real.

you might like to stay in a disney villa instead of off site. you can rent from a disney vacation club member. depending on which villa and the time of year you choose for a cost, Old key west would be the lower price . check the boards here for DVC'ers who are renting. If you would rather stay off site hear that the Marriott Villas are very nice.
    good luck ask if I didn/t help you or answer your question will try.

welcome
    J&J

eripmav is offline A-Ticket holder

Thank you for the kind replies. The better half likes to spend 1/2 our holiday actually onsite at Disney (Port Orleans French Quarter this year) and the other 1/2 off site in a villa I'll have a nose around on the board to see if I can find some villas to show her.

**Edit

I know this sounds incredibly dumb, but where do people people list their rentals on here?

HeatherR is offline B-Ticket Holder

First let me say welcome to the site! My son will be 9 in May and he also believes Mickey and company are real, he thinks they are robots! How cute is that! although he asks why they can't talk, but he thinks its so cool that they can walk and give hugs. It will be a sad day when he finds out the truth. Anyway back to main question, you could try VRBO is Vacation Rentals By Owner, (vacation rental by owner) we have found good deals here. They are either vacation homes or timeshares that people own, and you can work out the deal directly with the owner. There are tons of places around Disney. Hope that helps!!
    Heather

"Dreams Really Do Come True"

Jenocallaghan is offline A-Ticket holder

Hi there!!

There is a lovely gated community close to the junction of 27 and192 called vista del lago. 5 mins to disney and very reasonable prices. My parents have a villla their. If you'd like some details then please get in touch.

Jen x

jfegan12 is offline A-Ticket holder

I have absolutely no personal experience with the advice I am about to give,but I am researching I like crazy and I have no trip in the works. Windsor Hills is a gated community about 2 miles from the world...maybe less. I google earthed it to verify claim (I'm not a cynic). You can rent properties from various organiztions, just google Windsor Hills in Kissimee. One site that impressed me was vacationcentralflorida.com. Worth reading if nothing else. I wish I were planning a trip for myself, but hope I can help others with my Disney addicition.
    Jenn