Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Treehouses in the Vacation Planning forums; Anyone stayed here? I think these were the old ones they had years age. Did they cleaned the old ones or bulid new ones? Just wondering....
    J&J
    J&J is offline E-Ticket Holder

Treehouses

Anyone stayed here? I think these were the old ones they had years age. Did they cleaned the old ones or bulid new ones? Just wondering.
    J&J

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder

Re: Treehouses

Quote Originally Posted by J&J View Post
    Anyone stayed here? I think these were the old ones they had years age. Did they cleaned the old ones or bulid new ones? Just wondering.
    I stayed in the Treehouses during my first two visits to WDW with my family. First as a very young child in, I think, '77, and then again after my dad retired, somewhere around '91. My recollection is that pretty much all the living space was on the second floor. Downstairs had a laundry room, and I understand there was also a third bedroom, but if it was there, we never used it.

I loved the setting. It is (or used to be) woodsy and quiet, and there's plenty of wildlife if you're into that sort of thing. I remember there being many peacocks that were quite tame, and in fact if you were (as I was) dumb enough to try to feed them you could have found yourself swarmed. I think I remember one of them chasing my sister inside our treehouse.

I assume there's a pool, but we never used it. Our day for that sort of thing (on both trips) was spent at River Country. Other than that, both trips were spent entirely at the parks (or "park" for the first trip), with the only other exception being a one day excursion to Sea World (again, both trips).

I've heard varying and conflicting stories about the original Treehouses' demise, including that they were damaged beyond repair by the 2004 hurricanes that came through the area. What I know for sure is that the ones you can buy into via DVC and stay in right now are brand new, although they look very similar to the originals based on photos of seen of the outside.

Thanks for asking, by the way. This brought back some happy memories.

Debbie-Habba is offline C-Ticket Holder

Yes the treehouses are almost re-done. WE are staying there in Oct 09' I will let you know how they are .. check debs site allearsnet.com for a preview of the houses.

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom-Morrow"

J&J
    J&J is offline E-Ticket Holder

thank you love peacocks and birds not into other wildlife. so glad bought you good memories. like you would have feed the peacocks so pretty.
    can't wait to hear about when Debbie Habba goes.
    J&J

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

They were indeed heavily damaged by the hurricane. You could see the damages on the River Ferry from Port Riverside to DTD. Disney fix them up to livable standards but not to Guest standards. My son was able to get into them in 2007. He was a college program student at Disney and that is where Disney housed many of their International CP students until January of 2008 when new housing opened for the program. At the same time Disney finally had a design approved that was acceptable to the
    waterfront footprint.

The tree houses were in sad shape and the students had problems with the water-bugs from the River invading their rooms. When the students moved out they were torn down and rebuilt very similar to the old ones style.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.