Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss So excited about Wilderness Lodge, but... in the Vacation Planning forums; I've gotten so excited about Wilderness Lodge! I love the idea of that rustic Pacific Northwest setting! I like the thought of MK being a mere boat ride away! And ...
    NorweJenNY is offline Fastpass Holder

So excited about Wilderness Lodge, but...

I've gotten so excited about Wilderness Lodge! I love the idea of that rustic Pacific Northwest setting! I like the thought of MK being a mere boat ride away! And having a delicious dinner of skillet and bottomless milkshakes, to merely go upstairs to return to our room!

But... we might have to cancel!

We're staying at POR for 7 nights in July while I'm at a conference, and our main family time was going to be the last two days after our POR stay, when we move to WL (when I've only got one last workshop on a Sat morning, and then nothing essential to attend the rest of Sat and all day Sun.)

But there's inventory at hubby's job the Monday that we were supposed to be driving home, and between that Monday's inventory and preparing for it before that Monday, he may need to be home sooner! We'd have to leave immediately after my last workshop on Sat! And I'd completely miss out on our Sat-Sun night stay at WL!

Hubby is new at this job, and will already need to take a pay cut because he hasn't been there long enough for paid vacation time... but we had this trip planned since before he lost his previous job! (Stupid economy!)

It's not only that... but that really takes away a lot of time I would've had to play in the parks! As while we're at POR, I'll be at workshops a lot of the time.

Anyway, I had to vent...

What happens if I cancel a room-only? I paid for one night and was told the rest would be at check-in. Do I get my deposit back? Is that only if it's 45 days in advance? That would mean I really need to find out with 100% certainty that we do need to cancel - and I would need to know that within the next 10 days or so! We got such a great rate! I'd hate to kick myself later if we cancel and then find out that we could've stayed, but oops! All the rooms at that rate have been booked! And then Disney never offers me such great rates again on WL... know what I mean?

Anyone have some pixie dust to sprinkle in my direction? I'm really hoping I'm worrying about something that actually will work out... without needing to cancel...
    Jenny

April 1996 - Off Property
    December 2001-January 2002 - Honeymoon - CBR
    April 2003 - Off Property
    July 2004 - OKW
    July 2006 - Off Property
    August 2007 - POP
    May 2008 - OKW
    June 2008 - SSR
    July 2009 - POR & WL
    September/October 2009 - ASMo

Next Trip - December 2009 - POFQ & VWL

Disnyfan83 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: So excited about Wilderness Lodge, but...

I hope you all won't have to cancel - the Wilderness Lodge is such a fantastic resort!!

But if you have to, I wouldn't worry - if you have a room only reservation and cancel no less than five days prior to your arrival time, you will receive a full refund. After five days, your refund is at the discretion of the resort (and what manager you talk to and beg!!).

So, hang on to that reservation a bit longer, and see if everything works out in your favor. And if you don't get to stay longer........ well, then you have the PERFECT excuse to head back to Disney real soon!

Leslie Henson
    leslieH@mei-travel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Old Magic Kingdom Tour Guides never retire -- we still tell people where to go and what to do!