Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Pop Century - First timer - needs advice! in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey everyone! I've been to WDW a lot, but this is my family's first time staying at Pop Century. What's everyone's opinion about it? Any suggestions of what to request ...
    bellaDisneydncr is offline B-Ticket Holder

Pop Century - First timer - needs advice!

Hey everyone! I've been to WDW a lot, but this is my family's first time staying at Pop Century. What's everyone's opinion about it? Any suggestions of what to request or what to check out? Thanks!
    Are You 23? I am! Future WDW Entertainment CM

Look.Read.Watch. Tweet.Ask.Creep.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

Re: Pop Century - First timer - needs advice!

If you don't take an extended tour of the lobby, then you are missing out. I had to laugh as I pointed at so many items displayed and realized that I kept saying, "I had that". Do park in the area that is suggested to you when you check-in. We "thought" we were parking in the right area, and had quite a walk to our room with our luggage. Other than that, we found it to be a nice resort and we enjoyed our stay. We were only there for 2 nights.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder

It's a great hotel, especially for the price. I agree with mini-V on the whole parking thing, just go where they tell u! And look around, all the large props and stuff are great. Just enjoy it, its a good hotel and it had a pretty good food court too.

3 words..... Tie Dye Cheesecake!!!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder

My kids were thrilled with the refillable Icees! It was a daily ritual when we came back from the parks! The Hippy Dippy pool is a great place to relax and play in the flower showers! Just take time to soak in all of the wonderful details of this resort. The larger than life icons are my favorites! I walk in the lobby, and I am home!! Pop Century amazes me each time!!!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

dalestowe is offline A-Ticket holder

Love the Pop Century for the Bus service to the parks. It is the only Value Hotel that has one stop for the Hotel unlike all stars hotels have 3 stops. The only thing is when you are comming from the parks the bus stop for Pop Century at all four parks is the last bus stop, little bit of a walk. But the Hotel is great I have stay at this hotel 4 times and love it.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

September will be our first time ever staying on Disney Property and we all wanted Pop Century. We took the standard room and I know our choices are limited as far as room preferences but I don't know exactly what our options are or when we can choose them. Anyone have any idea what our options are?
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Michelle C is offline A-Ticket holder

I agree, the little novelties of this resort are what makes it fun, Tie Dye Cheesecake is so cool...and the bus system is much better here...Have fun !!
    Michelle
    Michelle Cunningham, CTC

michelle@MouseFanTravel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Disney Dream 1/11 and 2/11 - Disney Fantasy 3/11
    Disney Wonder August 08, December 2001
    WDW Oct and Dec 11,Jan 09, Dec 08, Jan 08, Jun 07, Sept 06, Sept 03
    ABD's Southwest Aug 07, Backstage Magic 4/09 & 10/09
    Disneyland Sept 1971 & 25+ more times since

smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    September will be our first time ever staying on Disney Property and we all wanted Pop Century. We took the standard room and I know our choices are limited as far as room preferences but I don't know exactly what our options are or when we can choose them. Anyone have any idea what our options are?
    We opt for the preferred room and pay the extra $$. I have not tried the standard rooms. I just went on a friend's advice to pay the extra cash, cut down on the long walk to the room, and get closer to the buses and food court. We also request adjoining rooms. We are a family of four, usually traveling with my father-in-law. They say they can't guarantee the adjoining rooms, but we have never been let down. Disney seems to go the extra mile and make it happen! I request both of these options (preferred, adjoining rooms) when I make reservations. Have a wonderful time and let us know what you think of Pop!!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

bellaDisneydncr is offline B-Ticket Holder

Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm really looking forward to our stay there now!
    Are You 23? I am! Future WDW Entertainment CM

Look.Read.Watch. Tweet.Ask.Creep.

Machiabelly is offline A-Ticket holder

We are also first timing at Pop Century in two weeks...yay!!!

Did I read that right, you can get icee's at the refillable station?

What else can you get there?

dalestowe is offline A-Ticket holder

Yes you can, my girlfriends kids and husband loved them. I hope you enjoy your trip. I plan to go in Nov. and then in Dec. for my birthday. I really enjoy pop century. I hope you have a great trip.

Kimagination is offline A-Ticket holder

We are staying at Pop Century for our second time in August. This is my 10 and 8 year old boys favorite resort! We all love it. I would recommend paying the difference for a preferred room. Those rooms are much closer to the center of the resort and food court. We were very happy with the food court too! Definitely take time to explore the lobby!

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder

You'll love Pop Century - it's a great resort! The 50s and 60s buildings are closest to the main building, so you may want to call and request one of those buildings before you get there. The 50s pool is also always the least-crowded since it doesn't have to share with another building (the Hippy Dippy pool is for the 60s and 70s and the Computer pool is for the 80s and 90s). Have a great trip!!
    ~Ashleigh

ctsjon is offline A-Ticket holder

I've recently returned from my first trip to WDW, and spent 7 nights at Pop Century and 2 nights at Port Orleans Riverside. In the end I wished I had just stayed 2 extra nights at Pop Century. POR is nice, but to me, not worth the extra expense. Pop Century is an excellent choice, and I'd stay there again.

-Jon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast