Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Moderate Resorts in the Vacation Planning forums; Questions for you regarding resorts and classes. Most of my research for past and upcoming trips have been focused on the Deluxe resorts my only actual stays have been ...
    mpd49 is offline A-Ticket holder

Moderate Resorts

Questions for you regarding resorts and classes.

Most of my research for past and upcoming trips have been focused on the Deluxe resorts my only actual stays have been Wilderness Lodge & Animal Kingdom Lodge and I loved them both. For an upcoming trip, Id be interested in saving some money and staying at a moderate pad. With that said, what can I expect in the lowered class (besides location)? Are the pools lower in quality, the lobbies (Animal Kingdom and Wilderness were outstanding). Less dining choices? And most importantly, as a single WDW travelor my resort MUST have a bar. Do the moderates have bars open until midnight (again, both AKL and WL had this for me). Lastly can you rate the following and explain why?

• <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1">Coranoado. <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1">Carribean Beach <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1">Port Riverside
    • Port French Quarter
    Are there only 4?

Re: Moderate Resorts

Sorry - that should read: Coranado, Carribean Beach Resort, Frecnh Quarter & Riverside. Are there only 4 total?

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

On Allears.net there are 5 including the 4 you named and Fort Wilderness. The pools are still nice so are the lobbies. Dont quote me on this but I think most of them have bars.Carribean Beach Resort has Shutters at Old Port Royale. At Coranado has Rix Lounge. French Quarters has Scat Cat's Lounge that is open until 12:30am. Lastly Riverside has River Roost Lounge. They also all have poolside bars. The only on that I did not see one was at Fort Wilderness.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

That's perfect, thanks

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

If you want menus on what they have at the bars allears.net has them.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

zima-cheryl is offline C-Ticket Holder

Can't speak to the pools - we just aren't pool people.
    Although I seem to remember French Quarter had a whirl pool at one point (about 13 years ago).

The dining @ the moderates is a step down. You won't find a restaurant like Boma or O'Hanna at those resorts. However, if you are just grabbing breakfast & heading out they are fine.

We've done FQ, PORS & Coronodo. Of the 3 I would go back to FQ. I found PORS & Coronodo to sprawling for my taste. When it takes 10 minutes to walk to the food court, store or front desk it is too much. FQ was more compact. Each did have a bar, or two, so that won't be a problem for you.

The one thing I miss when we stay at a moderate is no balcony. DH & I really like having a balcony in our room, but that isn't an option that I'm aware of at moderates.

They do have most the same services - front desk/bell staff, mousekeeping, pools, bus (or some other transportation), food court, store,etc. And they have some entertainment -- like Yee Haw Bob over @ PORS.
    Zima-Cheryl