• Beach Club

5 41.67%
  • Yacht Club

2 16.67%
  • Forget Stormalong bay, go with the Boardwalk

5 41.67%
  • Somewhere else.

0 0%
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Epcot Resort in the Vacation Planning forums; My Wife and I (no children) are heading to WDW for my 40th Birthday next June for 14 nights, as this will overlap with a couple of Star Wars weekends ...
    streamlines is offline Fastpass Holder

Post Epcot Resort

My Wife and I (no children) are heading to WDW for my 40th Birthday next June for 14 nights, as this will overlap with a couple of Star Wars weekends we are looking at an Epcot area resort. As I was in Orlando last june and it was hot hot hot we are thinking of spending the afternoons at the hotel by the pool. From this we were thinking about Stormalong bay so the beach or yacht club, but I can't decide which? What do you all think and why?
    Hayden

Done the Goofy and Survived

1st WDW Visit - Sept 05
    1st Disneyland Paris Trip - Nov 05
    1st WDW On-Site stay - Jan 08 (Polynesian)
    1st WDW Alone - Jun 08 (Work Trip, Hilton)
    1st Disneyland Hong Kong Trip - Dec 08
    1st Disneyland Trip - May 09
    1st Fan meet, Disneyland Paris - Dec 09
    40th Birthday Trip WDW - Jun 10 (Postponned)
    Christmas Trip WDW - Dec 10
    D23 Expo - Aug 11

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Epcot Resort

I have never stayed at the Boardwalk, but here is my opinion on Yacht and Beach Club.

The best way to look at the two is: The Yacht Club is more like the fancy big brother, with the Yachtsman Steakhouse and the very nice nautical style rooms. Whereas The Beach Club, is the fun and flirty little sister, with Beaches and Cream Soda Fountain, Cape Maye Cafe crab boil and the colorful beach themed rooms.

Stormalong Bay is the back yard for both, so the pool is no issue. The beach is also a nice way to spend the afternoon of the evening. Every night on the beach, they show a different movie(you can get a schedule in the lobby), as well as roasting marshmallows and making S'mores.

Like I said, I have never stayed at the Boardwalk, but I have been inside and it is a very nice resort. The pool is cool, but Stormalong Bay is better. You also have all the "stuff" to do: ESPN Zone, Spoodles, Flying Fish Cafe, etc.

Wherever you stay, I'm sure you will have an amazing...No...MAGICAL trip!

Happy Birthday to you!
    -Zac

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

redheadbrown breaks it down great. I picked Beach because I've stayed there and not Yacht...but between those two, I think it comes down to theming. IMO, the Boardwalk can get a little busier. Being right across from it gives you the convenience of it, without the hustle & bustle. For a 2 week trip, I personally would like something quieter. Plus the Boardwalk pool is creepy.

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder

It depends on what you and your wife are really looking for and it sounds like the pools are what is going to push you one way or the other. Both Stormalong Bay and the Main Pool at the Boardwalk can get kind of nutty, as they both offer unique activities for families (Stormalong Bay itself and the slide at the Boardwalk). As I have never seen the quiet pools at the Yacht and Beach Club, I have seen the ones at the Boardwalk. One of the "quiet" pools at the Boardwalk is just a few steps from the main pool (separated by a row of rooms), but has a Recreation hall next to it, so it is still more of a family setting and can get loud. The other quiet pool is a true quiet pool that, in my opinion, is one of the best kept secrets of the resort and even all of WDW. No one under 18 is permitted, and although some break that rule, no one in my experience has ever disrupted the peace. That pool is tucked away off the main lobby in the middle of gorgeous courtyards and is a great way to unwind and relax in the middle of the day. I don't think many people know it's there since the pool is rarely occupied by more than a few people at a time. The pool itself isn't huge, but there is a hot tub. The actual placement of the pool is far off the Boardwalk and on the opposite side of the resort of the main pool, so the only noise you really hear are the birds and, if you're lucky, the faint sounds of the British Invasion playing over at Epcot.

So, if you are looking for a more fast-paced, high energy experience, the Beach Club would be the better choice. If you're looking for a place to recharge, then the Boardwalk would be the better choice (oh yeah, the rooms at the Boardwalk have just been updated as well!). No matter which resort you choose, you will not be disappointed!
    ~Ashleigh

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

love the Boardwalk
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder

I loved the Boardwalk, but hated the parking.