Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Hotel Plaza Boulevard Hotels in the Vacation Planning forums; We've been going to WDW for a long time. Back when Disney offered very little in the way of on-site accomodations, we stayed on Hotel Plaza Boulevard for several years. ...
    Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder

Hotel Plaza Boulevard Hotels

We've been going to WDW for a long time. Back when Disney offered very little in the way of on-site accomodations, we stayed on Hotel Plaza Boulevard for several years. The names have changed over the years but the hotels are still the same for the most part. Hotel Royal Plaza received 3 visits, The Marriott (now Holiday Inn) got 3, Buena Vista Palace 1, Grosvenor (now Regal Sun) 1, Best Western 1. We now always stay on property but for us finding a room that sleeps 5 (my mother comes with us) at a reasonable price was a challenge, especially before the area got really built up. We also have a few "musts." The hotel rooms must have a balcony, and we have to be able to get food poolside. We spend a lot of time in the water. Hotel Plaza Boulevard has provided us with many great vacations over the years, but after staying at The Contemporary and The Boardwalk Inn, it's hard to imagine staying off site ever again. Disney really knows how to do it right.

KevinInIndiana is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Hotel Plaza Boulevard Hotels

I stayed at the Regal Sun/Grosvenor back in 1977 when it was the Dutch Inn. That was my first exposure to a .75 cent can of Coke!

williams is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Hotel Plaza Boulevard Hotels

I have stayed in hotels on Hotel Plaza Boulevard. The Disney Resort hotels on Hotel Plaza Boulevard are good too...they are not owned by Disney but have their own transport, the Doubletree or Plaza are good choices, within walking distance of Disney Marketplace and Downtown Disney. Thanks

Regards,