Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Resort pools...are they safe? in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by Spodie Meh, I keep hearing that everything is discusting. Everything from elevator buttons to door handles to lemons at restaurants to microwaves, everything seems to be the ...
    zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Resort pools...are they safe?

Quote Originally Posted by Spodie View Post
    Meh, I keep hearing that everything is discusting. Everything from elevator buttons to door handles to lemons at restaurants to microwaves, everything seems to be the next thing that will kill us all. But none of them have, probably because we all have immune systems - that's what they're there for. If I was worried about it, then I'd walk around in a plastic bubble.

This is SO true. I work at a daycare and the kids whose parents are always sanitizing everything and freaking out about germs are ALWAYS the ones who are sick all the time. If kids aren't exposed to the germs and stuff and ya, live in a plastic bubble, then they wont develop a proper immune system. Can't live your life worrying about every little thing... have fun! Swim!

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Spodie View Post
    Meh, I keep hearing that everything is discusting. Everything from elevator buttons to door handles to lemons at restaurants to microwaves, everything seems to be the next thing that will kill us all. But none of them have, probably because we all have immune systems - that's what they're there for. If I was worried about it, then I'd walk around in a plastic bubble.
    Completely agreed. I Touch elevator buttons and door handles. I get lemon in my water at resturants. I swim in public pools. Do i ever think before I do any of these things... hey look i'm getting into water that is completely disgusting and filled with other people's germs? or Hey i'm touching a hand rail or squeezing a lemon into my water that has hundreds of thousands of germs on it? No. Has it ever hurt me to not think about it? nope. I think in most cases, we've had enough exposure to germs that these things don't bother us. Besides... who would skip swimming in Storm Along Bay because of some germs? NOT MEEEEEE!!!!!
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

beja is offline C-Ticket Holder

I just consider it building up my immunity! Along this topic of conversation....I was in a department store last night and the woman in front of me in line sneezed into her hand, right as she was reaching for the pen on the credit card signature pad. When it was my turn, I was torn on how to proceed......use my Disney Rewards Visa or pay cash. I decided to risk it and go for the bonus points, lol.
    Oct 99 OS|May 00 OS|Dec 00 OS|Aug 03 OS|May 05 AS|Oct 06 CB|Nov 07 POFQ|Nov 08 POFQ|Nov 09 CS

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

Exactly. You can be careful and wash your hands... I'm not saying be a slob. But worrying much too often stops you from living your life and taking chances.
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12