Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Boardwalk Villias in the Vacation Planning forums; Im heading down to disney 9/31/09-10/7/09 and just wondering if the Villas at the boardwalk are as good or bad as people say they are any comments be glad to ...
    disneyfreak1284 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Boardwalk Villias

Im heading down to disney 9/31/09-10/7/09 and just wondering if the Villas at the boardwalk are as good or bad as people say they are any comments be glad to hear from peoples experience!!!
    Andrew

"I'm doing this because I want to do it better"
    -Walt Disney-

"Hang on to them hats and glasses! 'Cause this here is the wildest ride in the wilderness!"
    -Big Thunder Mountain Railroad-

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

Re: Boardwalk Villias

My family owns DVC at the Boardwalk Villas (2BR) and we love the resort! Its very convenient to everything - just a 10 minute walk to EPCOT or Beach Club, and there are about 4 resturaunts on the Boardwalk (and the bakery and ice cream/candy store are amazing!). The theming is nice, including the pool, and you are just a boat ride away from DHS and EPCOT (and you can see parts of Illuminations from your hotel).

Not sure what kind of villa your getting, but we get the 2BR villas, which is pretty much a 1BR villa (full kitchen, master BR, pull out sofa in Living Room), and a regular room put together by an adjoining door, which is fine because it gives you enough space, but when you take into account that the Saratoga Springs villas are sprawling and not 2 rooms put together, but the convenience and decor of the Boardwalk make this hotel one of my favorites.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Born 2B Grumpy is offline C-Ticket Holder

We love the Boardwalk Villas! We have always chosen the Boardwalk view. Looking out from the deck is one of the best views in Disney World. Definitely one of my favorite simple pleasures. The only downside with the boardwalk view villas is the long walk from the elevators.
    ~ MickeyBabe's Better Half

Running Goofy again in 2013!!

DVC Mike is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by born 2b grumpy View Post
    we love the boardwalk villas! We have always chosen the boardwalk view. Looking out from the deck is one of the best views in disney world. Definitely one of my favorite simple pleasures.
    ita!
    DVC Member - My Home Resorts: BLT, BWV, BCV and VGC

tmbcole is offline C-Ticket Holder

We own DVC points at the Boardwalk and love it. The Boardwalk is beautiful, it's clean, and very convenient. You can walk to The Studios or EPCOT which really cuts down on the time you would normally waste on the bus going to/from the parks. I highly recommend the Boardwalk Villas.

reebee is offline A-Ticket holder

I've stayed at about half of the WDW resorts (including DVC) and my favorite is Boardwalk. You can easily walk to MGM and Epcot is of course right there. It's wonderful. Bus rides from the other DVC resorts were irritating. I've never stayed at the Contemporary or Poly. though so those may be great too.

williams is offline C-Ticket Holder

This was our 8th time to Disney and 4th time staying in one of the WDW resorts. The Boardwalk Villas is by far the best one we've stayed at. Our room was the studio and it was quite spacious and comfortable. The room has a small kitchen and Queen pull out sofa, plus a balcony. I loved every moment of being there; it all was just wonderful! Thanks

Regards,

Liv2CdWorld is offline A-Ticket holder

Hi all,

We're staying in a 1BR villa in February. This will be our first time staying at the Boardwalk. Anything I should know? I keep hearing that the walk to your room from the elevator is LOOONGGG. So, where is the elevator located? I was trying to locate it on the map, but can't seem to find it. I'm thinking of requesting to be put near the elevator on my reservation.

Anyhow, any tips would be great. We've stayed at WL, AKL, SSR, Poly and CR in the past.

Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy - Walt Disney