Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Who has gone to Disney Hilton Head? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi! We are a family of six wanting to visit family near Hilton Head. How is Disney Hilton Head? What are some of the activities for the kids and what ...
    Sharon&Randy is offline D-Ticket Holder

Who has gone to Disney Hilton Head?

Hi!

We are a family of six wanting to visit family near Hilton Head.
    How is Disney Hilton Head? What are some of the activities for the kids and what are some of the prices? How many activities are free?

Thanks!
    Sharon

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Who has gone to Disney Hilton Head?

I have been there, but it was several years ago. I really liked it! They had a lot of activities for kids all day long and they were free when we went! The property is really beautiful, and it does look like the DVC properties on Disney property (same layout).So you could all get in one room if you get a 2 bedroom which is what we got. If I remember correctly it was not directly on the beach, but very close. I really think we walked to the beach. I do not know about prices, but I am sure you will like it!

Carolla is offline C-Ticket Holder

I have been there.

Let me preface this by saying I love Hilton Head.

That said, I don't really like the Disney resort. It's very pretty, but..... its too far from the beach for me, it's not inside the planations which makes the bike riding tougher and overall I was disappointed. Others do love it however.

If you want to "walk" to the beach, look elsewhere. It's a LONG walk, you have to take the pathway UNDER the main highway and it's over a mile to the beach access from there. Hauling all that stuff. Uh No

Marriott has some great resorts there with great kids programs and actually nicer accomodations. They can be pricy however. My brother generally takes his kids and rents via VRBO a 2 or 3 bedroom (depending on how many "extra" kids) in Sea Pines. WHen the kids were younger he signed them up for thier "day program" and activities and they loved it!

williams is offline C-Ticket Holder

I just spent time in Hilton Head, we are considering the Hilton Head sun city which is actually in Bluffton. We had planned a week but enjoyed the area so much that we stayed 2. We were in a Rv park just on the island and it was really beautiful. One visit to Hilton Head told us to find our interest elsewhere and we did. We had an environmental shrimp boat trip drove 20 min to Savanah, spent time in Beaufort and ate at some fabulous restaurants. The people were friendly, helpful and I loved the area.

Regards,