Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss POR reviews in the Vacation Planning forums; I'm trying to decide between POR and CBR for our upcoming vaca. I'm leaning more towards POR because we ate at their food court once and loved it. What are ...
    sweetea is offline A-Ticket holder

POR reviews

I'm trying to decide between POR and CBR for our upcoming vaca. I'm leaning more towards POR because we ate at their food court once and loved it. What are your thoughts on POR? I'm very excited about it.
    August 1990 --> Offsite Timeshare
    April 2006 --> Coronado Springs
    May 2009 --> Wyndham Bonnet Creek
    April 2010 --> Polynesian
    August 2011 --> Animal Kingdom Villas

Mickey Fan is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: POR reviews

We stayed at CBR this past April & weren't overwhelmed with it. Lots of youth groups & the breakfasts we had at the food court were so so. Omelets were pre-made & cold & the adult pancakes were more like a child's portion of silver dollar pancakes. The cashiers charged my Dsis & me differently for the same exact meals. We went in a few times at night for drinks or a snack & it wasn't much better. Rooms were ok but bell services was a disaster.
    Next year we're back at POFQ & we're thrilled. POR is very pretty - had dinner at Boatwright's a couple of times & really enjoyed it. Hope you have a great trip.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

POR and POFQ seem to get the best Moderate reviews. I would try for there.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

We also decided on POR, we are going next month. I've nerver stayed there before but it's gotten very good reviews. I stayed at CBR many years ago and while it was a beautiful property, the laundry facilities were closed for rehab at the time and the rooms (at the time) needed a sprucing up. I'm sure by now they have done a rehab. Someone sent me this website on POR and POFQ, it's a great site......... Unofficial Visitor’s Guide to Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside & French Quarter Resorts
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

We have stayed at all the moderates CBR, CS, POR, POFQ and we prefer POR overall. The rooms have also been very nice and were never to far from the food court and bus stop. This year we were about as far as you could get from the front and a couple of times even used the POFQ bus because it came first or was empty compared to the POR bus and we were almost as close to POFQ. We didn't mind it was very quiet in our building. We also love being able to take the boat to downtown disney instead of the buses. You must use disney's online check-in! We arrived at about noon and while the regular line had a ton of people in it I was second in line for online check-in. Gave the cast member my name and ID and in a matter of a minute or two we were on our way to our room! I know we were just lucky the room was ready but it was great to throw our carry-ons in the room give a quick check put on our shorts and off to the magic kingdom.
    One thing I've come to realize is that PO is much closer to the magic kingdom than the other moderates. After staying three times at CS and knowing where CBR is located over by the studios the ride to MK is very quick because the bus takes you down bonnet creek pkwy to vista blvd which is where fort wilderness campground is. In just a few miles you can see MK parking and than the contemporary and your at the MK. So if you have young ones its pretty close. Have a great trip.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

Pluto40 is offline A-Ticket holder

we're staying at the Riverside in 3 weeks. Can't wait!!!!
    Does anybody know if they have iPod docks/alarm clocks in the rooms there?

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

We stayed there in September and alarm clock yes ipod docks no. Have fun.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.