Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss 2010 Rates in the Vacation Planning forums; I am helping my friends book their WDW Honeymoon, and I am a bit shocked by the search results I am getting. I never spend over $3,000 for a Disney ...
    CarinaBelle is offline A-Ticket holder

2010 Rates

I am helping my friends book their WDW Honeymoon, and I am a bit shocked by the search results I am getting. I never spend over $3,000 for a Disney package even if staying at Deluxe resorts, but I can't seem to find anything below this price. I know promotions come out later in the year that we may be able to use, but do the rates tend to decrease closer to the new year? They are travelling Oct 10-17, 2010, which is usually a slower time of year. I just don't get it. Is it the recent increase in ticket prices? They would prefer to stay at the Swan & Dolphin or Polynesian. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: 2010 Rates

If they work for the government or a teacher, nurse or military, they could be eligible for a discount at the Swan and Dolphin. Also note that while both resorts offer king size beds I believe only the Swan has queen size beds and the Dolphin has doubles but I would double check that while booking the room. Do they have AAA? you may be able to get a discount with that. Who knows what Disney will plan as far as discounts go for next fall but I guess if you book it now you can apply the discounts later, maybe a buy 4 get 3 free will be in effect. You could also consult a Disney travel agent. Good luck to your friends on their wedding
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

edwardsfire is offline C-Ticket Holder

Put them up in a moderate resort. Heck, on our honeymoon we stayed in a value.
    Its the same room when the lights are out.....
    I for one, wouldnt be the least bit disappointed in staying in a value everytime we went.
    But..in anycase there is always "pin" codes to be found on the inet.
    We use them EVERY visit..for room only rates. We add the park tickets a few days later after booking.

Practical Mom is offline A-Ticket holder

Oct. 2010 is a long time away. At the moment Disney's Special Offers only run through about Feb. You can wait until after the first of the year to see what Special Offers may come available, in fact, there's a roomer that a new offer will be announced Dec. 21. Or, you can go ahead and make reservations now to lock something in, and should a discount become available call and Disney will give the discounted price, assuming the offer fits with the reservations. If not, and if it's not within the change time limit, you may be able to re-book the reservations to take advantage of the discount. Don't be disheartened though by the higher prices you are seeing now. Disney has, for the past year, been offering some killer discounts like free dining and buy 3 nights get 4 free including park passes. With the economy still slow they are likely to continue offering deep discounts. The Practical Mom's Disney Vacation Companion