Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Animal Kingdom Savannah View in the Vacation Planning forums; Savannah view is definitely worth the money...
    revtigger is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Animal Kingdom Savannah View

Savannah view is definitely worth the money
    MY DISNEY TRIPS
    April 1995 - Disneyland (offsite Park Vue Econo Lodge) Honeymoon
    May 2004 - Disneyland (offsite Tropicana Inn)
    October 2005 - WDW (All Star Movies); Disney Wonder (3 night Bahamas Cruise)
    November 2005 - Disneyland (offsite Tropicana Inn)
    September 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne)
    February 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel New York)
    December 2010 / January 2011 - Disneyland (Grand Californian Hotel); WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge); Disney Wonder (15 night Panama Canal Cruise); Disneyland (Paradise Pier Hotel)
    August 2011 - Hong Kong Disneyland (Hollywood Hotel)
    Oct/Nov 2011 - Disneyland (Disneyland Hotel); WDW (Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk Villas & Polynesian); Disney Dream (4 & 3 night back to back Bahamas Cruise); WDW (Bay Lake Tower & Animal Kingdom Lodge); Disneyland (Grand Californian)

jennies is offline A-Ticket holder

I think it is definitely worth the money if you will spend some time in the room. I like to sit out and watch the animals for awhile before I leave for the parks each day and then again when I get back to the room.
    Read my latest DVC resort reviews

Flrancho is offline D-Ticket Holder

Animal Kingdom Lodge is kind of all about the animals and being able to see them. I personally probably would not stay there if I did not have savannah view room.

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

Agreed, I would spend the money to have a Savannah view. If you aren't going to see any animals, you may as well stay in another deluxe resort (if not for anything else but the convenience of being closer to everything!). The main reason I have never stayed at AKL is because it is so far away from everything and you have to take a bus everywhere. It's on the edge of property. The one thing that would make it worth it for me to stay there is I get to have my breakfast with a bunch of elephants or something.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

grumpy of ohio is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyDancer87 View Post
    Agreed, I would spend the money to have a Savannah view. If you aren't going to see any animals, you may as well stay in another deluxe resort (if not for anything else but the convenience of being closer to everything!). The main reason I have never stayed at AKL is because it is so far away from everything and you have to take a bus everywhere. It's on the edge of property. The one thing that would make it worth it for me to stay there is I get to have my breakfast with a bunch of elephants or something.
    I'm with you on this.....we stayed once, savannah view....but a long long walk down a hall to the room.....too far away from everything.....animals?...we saw a long horn steer, few birds, small deer in the far distance and 2 giraffe when it was feeding time.....waste.....

Cured us of AKL, and yes, it is a long way from everything...I don't care what others say.....busing to everything, and anything to do.....again a waste.....we prefer a location with a close park and alternate means of transportation.....EPCOT resorts or MK resorts and WL is one of the best....same archetect.....but a better location and nothing better than taking a boat to the MK, FW or CR to catch the monorail for more resort shopping and dining and bar hopping....better all around for us...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12