Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Animal Kingdom Savannah View in the Vacation Planning forums; My husband and I have been going back and forth on whether the Savannah view is worth the money. We are going in May for 1 week. It has been ...
    Froggee44 is offline A-Ticket holder

Animal Kingdom Savannah View

My husband and I have been going back and forth on whether the Savannah view is worth the money. We are going in May for 1 week. It has been my dream since opening to stay AKL. Can someone please help me?

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Animal Kingdom Savannah View

Animal Kingdom Savannah View-21920120.jpg
    Animal Kingdom Savannah View-21920789.jpg
    Animal Kingdom Savannah View-21920790.jpg

Here's some pictures of a savannah view from summer '08. I personally didn't really look out too much. I was either sleeping in or out in the park, but my grandma enjoyed sitting out there with coffee and watching the animals get fed and what-not.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

If it has been your dream and you are already spending the money for AKL, then spend the extra for savannah.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

We had a pool view at AKL. Still saw enough animals. The only time we sat outside was late at night and the pool was so pretty. Animals would have been asleep. If you are going to be at the resort during the day, then it maybe worth it.

Soarin' Over PA is offline B-Ticket Holder

id say it was worth it.....i remember waking up and grabbing a cup of coffee and watching all of the animals wake up with you....if it has always been your dream then whats wrong with spending a little more $$$$?
    “If you can dream it, you can do it.” -Walt Disney

williams is offline C-Ticket Holder

I just got back from AKL last week. We stayed on the 5th floor on the Zebra Trail overlooking the Arusha Savanah. It was amazing. The rooms on the Kudu Trail that overlook the Arusha Savanah have a view of the pond that the cranes, ducks and pelicans hang out at and the giraffe feeding area is right there. On the Kudu trail we could not see the pond but the other animals hung out in front of our rooms more than on the other side in my opinion. Either view would be great. I would request not to be on the Sunset Savanah for sure. You can call Member Services to make the request. That is what I did. I walked over to the Sunset Savanah to get a glimpse of the Kindani Village site and I saw no animals except a few birds and the construction site is very close and not attractive to look at. I have even heard that they have removed the animals from that savanah in order to avoid them being spooked by the construction noise. Maybe someone else can confirm that. All this being said it was the best Disney Trip I have ever had. I am an animal lover and I could have sat there all day on the balcony looking at the different animals come and go. It was so peaceful. I even went out at 3 in the morning and wouldn't you know there were three elands laying in the grass eating right under my balcony.

Regards,

zima-cheryl is offline C-Ticket Holder

We stayed there several years ago & it is on our return list. I loved having my morning coffee & muffin out on the balcony watching the animals.

I guess the question you need to ask yourself is would you use it? If you are up & out early then back to the room late then I'd save my $$. But if you will linger in the room and enjoy the view throughout the day, I'd say it is worth every cent!
    Zima-Cheryl

wdwkid32 is offline C-Ticket Holder

I am really excited because on my next trip to WDW I am staying at the vacation club part of animal kingdom lodge and we have a savana view room. I can't wait!!!

Practical Mom is offline A-Ticket holder

Absolutely! Spend the money. If you can afford to stay in a Club Level room all the better. You will be glad you did.

LivLuvsTink is offline C-Ticket Holder

My cousin stayed there once and she has worked at a zoo and she loved waking up to see all of the animals right outside of her window. I'm excited to stay there soon and I leave in 2 weeks for a weekend trip!!
    I hope we never lose sight of one thing,
    that it was all started by a mouse.

tmgsjv is offline B-Ticket Holder

Spend It. Do It. Enjoy It. Love It. - It's worh it, it makes the vacation stories and pictures that much more interesting- Have Fun!
    -TMGSJV
    August 2008 - SSR
    September 2009 - All Star Movies
    November 2009 - AKL Kidani Village
    March 2010 - FWC / Boardwalk Villas
    August 2010 - BLT
    March 2011 - AKL Jambo / BLT
    May 2011 - AKL Kidani / POFQ
    August 2011 - Boardwalk Villas

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder

AKL is my favorite resort! And I can't imagine staying there WITHOUT a savannah view. I even got up in the middle of the night to go out on the balcony to see the animals. They have it lit up outside just like if there was a full moon, so you can see pretty well at night. I am staying there again in March, and we are splurging for Club Level. I can't wait!

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

I just 3 days in Kidani Village and yes, its worth it. What an amazing experience
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

FormerFigmentCP is offline A-Ticket holder

I've stayed in most of the WDW resorts and AKL is one of my faves. It's a little out of the way but not a problem since we drive everywhere. I've stayed in both Jambo House and Kidani Village. Both were nice but I loved Kidani. It's definately worth the money for a savannah view. I loved seeing all the animals esp in the morning, at sunset or after it rained.

wdwkid32 is offline C-Ticket Holder

I came back from my trip and we had a savannah view and we were on the very end of the savannah so we didn't see tons of animals. But we did see some.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast