Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Can we talk about rental homes and in which neighborhoods they are located? in the Vacation Planning forums; We have stayed in the Windsor Hills Community two times and have just loved everything about it. It's so close to the main gate of WDW, maybe 3-5 minutes, literally. ...
    AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder

Can we talk about rental homes and in which neighborhoods they are located?

We have stayed in the Windsor Hills Community two times and have just loved everything about it. It's so close to the main gate of WDW, maybe 3-5 minutes, literally. The homes we have rented are gorgeous and have every amenity we could want. The main pool is amazing, and the clubhouse has a store, arcade, and a even a small cinema that you can reserve and pick the movie you watch. There's even popcorn!

At this point we don't see any need to stay in a different neighborhood, but since we've only ever stayed in Windsor Hills or on WDW property, I'm curious what else is out there.

I should add that we've found both of our rental homes through VRBO.com. One was a 6 bedroom, 6 bath, and the other was 4BR, 4BA. Both incredible and I would recommend either one in a heartbeat.

I would love to hear about your vacation rental home experiences. Thanks!
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Can we talk about rental homes and in which neighborhoods they are located?

For the past two years, we had great experiences with orlandovacation.com. Each year, we were in a different subdivision, which I am afraid I do not remember their names, but were very happy with the location, home, and amenities. We booked a 3BR, 2 BA and were complimenatry upgraded to a 4BR, 3 BA both times. I don't think I would ever go back to a hotel again. It cost less than $125 per night in June.

DisFanFilmSteve is offline A-Ticket holder

When we went down last year we stayed in Emerald Island and loved it. It may not be quite as close as Windsor, but still very nice.

Great house, wonderful customer service and even close enough that we could see the fireworks each night from our pool area. We fit 3 families comfortably in the house, divided the costs by 3 and stayed 10 days for less than the cost of 2 nights of staying on property. It ended up maybe $450 per family for the 10 days. Amazing deal, great place!

lestat_de_leon is offline A-Ticket holder

My favorite neighborhood is Formosa Gardens. Close proximity, great houses, gated community. Can't recommend the neighborhood enough.

Lestat