Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Best building at Pop Century? in the Vacation Planning forums; Wanted to get some opinions on what you think is the best building to stay at when at Pop Century. We would like to be close to the food court ...

Best building at Pop Century?

Wanted to get some opinions on what you think is the best building to stay at when at Pop Century. We would like to be close to the food court and buses, but pools are not a priority for us. We will be driving our own vehicle, but will most likely be using Disney buses during most the trip. Since we have never stayed at this Resort, I am unfamiliar with the layout as well as in's and out's. Would appreciate any guidance!

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    We stayed in the 60's building facing the lake.. It was nice and quiet at night since the pool was on the other side of the building.. It was a little walk to the parking lot.. (if you are bringing/renting your own car) The walk to the food court and the bus stop was extremely close.. We paid the preferred room price..

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    We stayed in the seventy's building by the corvette stingray and it was a short walk to the foodcourts and bus stops. The noise from the pool was not a problem. We stayed on the first floor.

Rgjad is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We've stayed in the 50's buildings and the 90's buildings. The 50's was the best. It was close enough to everything. The 90's building was too far of a walk. Felt like it took ten minutes to get ot the food court. And that was cutting through a parking lot. Definitely go for the 50's building. If you're willing to pay for the preferred room go for the 60's building. It is the closest to everything. Check out the downloads section for a map layout of the resort.

#1EeyoreFan is offline I love Eeyore! Disney Forever, and ever and ever etc.
    I like staying at the Tramp building which I think is the 50's it is right outside the bowling pin pool and the pool isn't that crowded, and we are a few steps away from Petals for our nightly ****tails.
    DISNEY IS MY HAPPY PLACE THE ONLY TIME THAT I GET 2WKS OF HAPPINESS AND WORRY FREE TIME!!!!!! This time I will see it through the eyes of my baby girl born 2008.

Next Trip is December 2010

Can't wait!!!!!!

Jul- 85 - Poly- 1st Time ever Nov - 97 - Best Western
    Nov- 98- travel Lodge Nov- 99 - Music - Family Trip
    Oct- 00 - Music Nov- 01 - Movies
    Oct-02- Movies Dec- 03 - Movies
    Oct-04- Pop - Married Dec- 05- Pop
    Dec-06 - Pop Nov- 07- Pop

Geppetto is offline A-Ticket holder
    Will will be staying in the 60's building in October. Does anyone know if the rooms smell like "weed"?
    "Good Geppetto, you have given so much happiness to others. You deserve to have your wish come true."

"Geppetto buono, lei ha dato cosí molta felicitŕ agli altri. Lei il derserve di avere il suo desiderio si č realizzato."

tinkerbellandme is offline A-Ticket holder
    >Does anyone know if the rooms smell like "weed"? <
    Lol!!
    I stayed in the 90's building, a long trek to the food court etc. But I was at the end by a parking lot that always had parks. I frequently drive to the parks etc, except Magic Kingdom. I use bus for MK due to the parking lot tram, and ferry/monorail from TTC, so bus is more direct. The "computer pool" was right there; the pool itself was not too exciting, just a big square, with the theming a little bit away from it. Think the imagineers coulda done more with the pool area. But then, that is just me.

Gin
    Last edited by tinkerbellandme; 05-16-2005 at 05:19 PM. Reason: added text
    "I hope that we never lose sight of one thing, that this was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    i requested the 70's bldg....from the maps and what the reservationist told me it is closest to buses...important for us w/ a 2 yr old
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Well, be sure to let us know how you fared because I will be showing up there on October 28!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Just wanted to add to this thread, as I am now booked in to this hotel for our Oct. visit. I don't know anything about this hotel, but I'd like to be reasonably close to both the food court for my moring breakfast run and the bus stop. Any area suggestions for that, anyone?

Also, any food recommendation from the food court? How is the bus service here, and about how long would you say it will take to get to the MK or Epcot from here? (It is hard to tell from looking at the map!)

Any other tips or tricks about this hotel is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

tinkerbellandme is offline A-Ticket holder
    Well, I was there last weekend and also the weekend before that. Both times in the '50's buildings. First time in bldg 1 and 2nd time in bldg 2. I was closer to parking in bldg 1, but both are very close to the food court and parking.

Bus service from the hotel to parks was ok, and back to the hotel at non closing timmes was fine, but at park closing at EPCOT was a 45 min wait! Shoulda goten on a bus to anywhere and then to DTD and then to the hotel.

I will request '50's from now on.

As for food. I had a kid's pasta and meatball dish, and a kid's chocolate pancake breakfast, both pretty good. I picked up a carry out tuna croissant and it was pretty good as well. I did more of my meals in the parks, and carried muffins for breakfast. $2.99 for 4 at Publix!

Gin

Last edited by tinkerbellandme; 09-16-2005 at 04:26 PM.
    "I hope that we never lose sight of one thing, that this was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    I worked for a short time at POP Century. It was not the highlight of my time working at WDW because I was used to working Concierge at the deluxe resorts and I now know what it is like to be drafted (I refused to do the "Twist" the "Hustle" and the "Electric Slide").

But that is beside the point, because I also stayed there during Hurricane Francis and thought it was great to stay at as a guest.

Anyway. 70's building B is the closest building to both the food court and bus stop. It does NOT have a pool, but you can use any of the other pools. There is a children's playground out in the courtyard, if that will cause you annoyance, then go for the 50's building A as a second-best.

The Hippy Dippy pool is my kids favorite of them all!
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Thanks for the info!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!