Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss US Open Karate championships at Coronado - July 9 & 10 in the Vacation Planning forums; Not sure if this is the best place to post this or not. But wanted to let everyone that might be coming down to WDW. That there will be a ...
    newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder

US Open Karate championships at Coronado - July 9 & 10

Not sure if this is the best place to post this or not. But wanted to let everyone that might be coming down to WDW. That there will be a convention at Coronado Springs for the US Open Karate Championships. The event is scheduled for July 9 and 10th. So, I'm sure that things will be noisy. Just thought that I would post a warning in case someone wants to change their resort or so that they can prep for all the additional noise.
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

Buzz2001 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: US Open Karate championships at Coronado - July 9 & 10

Quote Originally Posted by newdrama12 View Post
    Not sure if this is the best place to post this or not. But wanted to let everyone that might be coming down to WDW. That there will be a convention at Coronado Springs for the US Open Karate Championships. The event is scheduled for July 9 and 10th. So, I'm sure that things will be noisy. Just thought that I would post a warning in case someone wants to change their resort or so that they can prep for all the additional noise.
    CSR is a convention resort (as are GF, Cont, Y&BC, BW, Swan, Dolphin) and has one or more convention(s) each day. The convention center is separate from everything so noise is usually not an issue other than the potential to see someone in a suit. I maintain a convention list on my csr website below.
    Last edited by Buzz2001; 03-11-2010 at 05:30 AM.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

And don't make fun of anyone walking around in white "pajamas" with a colored belt.

Buzz2001 is offline C-Ticket Holder

One other thing too is that the bigger the convention, the less crowded you will find the buses and pools.