• All-Star Music

6 22.22%
  • All-Star Sports

1 3.70%
  • Pop Century

17 62.96%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Which Value Resorts in the Vacation Planning forums; We are Planning to go to Disney on Dec 17-31! But Value should I take for this Dec! I was thinking to stay in ASMO! And Also ASMO has a ...
    JEANYLASER is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Miami, Florida are planning to move to Orlando, Florida

Cool Which Value Resorts

We are Planning to go to Disney on Dec 17-31! But Value should I take for this Dec! I was thinking to stay in ASMO! And Also ASMO has a outdoor movies i need to pay to see the outdoor movies or it's completely free?
    JEANY SANCHEZ

JEANYLASER is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Miami, Florida are planning to move to Orlando, Florida

Cool Which Value Resorts?

We are Planning to go to Disney on Dec 17-31! But Value should I take for this Dec! I was thinking to stay in ASMO! And Also ASMO has a outdoor movies i need to pay to see the outdoor movies or it's completely free?
    Last edited by JEANYLASER; 03-30-2010 at 02:46 PM.
    JEANY SANCHEZ

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Which Value Resorts?

I really like Pop Century, and they have a great food court! It's the only one I've stayed at though... but I chose it because when I asked on this forum the majority of people said that it's better than the All Stars.

TheH2s is offline B-Ticket Holder

We stayed at All Star Movies last year. We really liked it. I don't remember anything about outdoor movies but we were so busy it didn't really matter. What I liked about it the most was the Disney statues, posters, etc. We would definitely stay there again.

Never stayed in the others to have an opinion but All Star Movies was great.

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

They for sure all have the big statues. Pop had lady and the tramp, mogali and balu, a surfer goofy that was also a water fountain play area for kids, etc... But it also had pop culture references, so there were giant mr. and mrs. potato heads, permanent twister games, and the stair cases were rubik's cubes, bowling pins, etc. As far as theming goes they're all pretty similar I think, just obviously the others instead of the pop culture references there are music, movie and sports references.

I've also heard that Pop is the only bus that doesn't share with other resorts (the allstars all share) and so the bus service is much quicker.

bigthundermicky is offline C-Ticket Holder

Pop Century is the best choice of the value resorts. The theming is awesome, the food court is excellent. The rooms are small, but the same size as the other values. If you can get a sale and stay at one of the moderate resorts, if makes a HUGE difference in the theming, atmosphere, amentites and room size. Well worth the extra $ if it can be budgeted.

Epcot_Don is offline D-Ticket Holder

To answer your question JEANYLASER: The outdoor movies at the All Star Movies Resort are indeed free! Also, The All Star Music and All Star Sports have these Movie nights too!
    Last edited by Epcot_Don; 03-30-2010 at 09:24 PM.
    "America, keep on flying now. Keep your spirit free. Facing new frontiers."

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Which Value Resorts

Movie will be free, but you might want to look at Pop Century as well.

Yensid_Retlaw is offline D-Ticket Holder

I have stayed at Movies and Music and Pop Century. With Movies and Music the only thing I found with it is that it shows it's age. Other than that there is nothing wrong with it that I found. Pop Century was fantastic as people have mentioned above the food court is awesome it's a neat resort to just walk around and have fun in. The only thing I found wrong with this was on our first night there (We arrived at 2AM) We were trying to sleep and family came home from a park and it sounded like they were right in our room yelling and laughing. Here's the kicker. They were two doors down! So there is very little sound protection. But it was only one night and after that we didn't hear anything. So Pop Century is my choice and I will be staying there again in June

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow! Just a dream away!

"A Tip of the hat from Dr. Facilier"

"Cause I've got friends on the other side!"

A proud D23 Charter Year member.

And a dedicated Lead Manager at the Disney Store in Georgian Mall, Barrie, Ontario! 3 years! I almost get a Pluto pin!

Minniegirl1995 is offline E-Ticket Holder

I would go with All-Stars. Very peaceful at night. Fun decorations. Pluis, if you stayed at the Mighty Ducks building at the All-Star Movies, then if you missed the bus, you could catch it at the music since they are right next to each other. An easy way to get a bus sometimes!!!

Everyone needs a little Spark of Imagination...

williams is offline C-Ticket Holder

I like to stay at Pop Century. Undoubtedly its theme really attractive and it is my favorite in which your resorts list. It is really luxurious and worthy to stay. We have been there few months ago and would highly recommend it for luxury stay from this resorts list.

Best Regards,

supermariodrums is offline D-Ticket Holder

I'm going to say Pop Century. I have never stayed at any of the others however I have been at all of them. I really love staying at Pop because it is almost like a giant time capsule, especially the lobby I could spend easily and hour gawking at all of the memorabilia in those cases. The food court is good there and the lines move fairly quickly at breakfast time the only thing is that sometimes it can be hard to find a seat in there so you might be better off taking breakfast back to your room.
    Disney World is not just a place, but an experience.

Back in the world for the 2013 Marathon Weekend!

WDW

edwardsfire is offline C-Ticket Holder

We love All Star Music..it is much smaller than POP and is by far the most "quiet" of all values.
    POP is nice but it just seems too busy all the time.
    Music to us, always seems to be the less crowded and with recently refurbed rooms..we like it even more.
    We like the pool better at Music also.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

based on which of them are the best themed and overall... it would have to be pop century... it is also the newest one of the values... but I have stayed at music, and if you are going with spouse w/o kids... it is much quieter than the others, and it is tamer... you CAN actually go in the pool and enjoy yourself...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Brent is offline B-Ticket Holder

All Star Sports is my value choice because the busses stop at Sports 1st so chances are, you will not have to stand up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast