Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss All-Star Music in the Vacation Planning forums; I know many people have made various comments on the All-Star resorts, but I wanted to know specifically what people think about the All-Star Music. One of my friends stayed ...
    Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!

All-Star Music

I know many people have made various comments on the All-Star resorts, but I wanted to know specifically what people think about the All-Star Music. One of my friends stayed there are thought it was good except that she got stuck walking all the way to the Country buildings at the back of the resort. We are in the preferred Calypso building so I am not worried about that. Some people have said that the value resorts are not kept as clean. Can this be true. I admit that I'm spoiled...having spent almost every trip at the Polynesian. Can anyone give me their feedback..especially if you have stayed there before?
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Stayed in the Calypso building also. The pool was alway very clean and well maintained. The people/staff were really friendly

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    You will not have an issue with the upkeep.. It's disney!!! They want everything to look perfect.. this was not an exception the last time I have stayed here. If you are worried then you could stay at Pop Century sicne it is the newest of the value resorts...

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    There is nothing wrong with All-Star Music, especially if you're in the Calypso building! It's right by the Guitar pool, and it's about a 2 minute walk from there to Melody Hall.
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

I remember everything looked fine when my friend stayed there anyway. I just wanted to hear some opinions. I heard someone on one of these threads mention that they felt the older All-Star resorts weren't kept as clean. Maybe I misunderstood, but I was pretty sure that's what i read. Glad to hear some good things. I'm so excited about the trip.
    -Kevin

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    We stayed here on our honeymoon (April 2000) and few years (October 2003) later 1 night prior to our Disney Cruise. We never had a problem with cleanliness. I wouldn't mind staying here again if I needed to add a night or two to my DVC stays. I would definitely recommend either the Calypso or Jazz buildings.

As far as the value resorts go, I honestly do not see a difference other than the theme and the CMs you get. Aren't the rooms, food, and merchandise pretty much all the same at the Values? So pick one whose theme you like, and go for it.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Do you mean that the CMs in the Vaslue resorts act differently or treat people differentyl? I can't imagine Disney would have CMs that were less than exemplary...or do you just mean that there are just different people there?
    -Kevin

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by Passarino6
    Do you mean that the CMs in the Vaslue resorts act differently or treat people differentyl? I can't imagine Disney would have CMs that were less than exemplary...or do you just mean that there are just different people there?
    Different people with different personalities and different work ethics working towards a common goal. That's all I meant really. There are no clones working in the resorts, unless they are indentical twins.

I did NOT mean Value resorts CMs treat their guests differently at all. I feel I am treated well by all the resort CMs regardless if I am staying at DVC or Value. I haven't done a moderate yet, so I cannot comment. Be careful what you read into people's words.

Of course I do like the "Welcome Home" you get at DVC that you don't get at the other resorts. I know it's a small thing, trivial, and silly...but I love it. And I am very partial to the Boardwalk Resort....okay, completely biased.

Oh and Kevin, it's YOUR turn in the Hangman thread.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

LOL. It's kinda the same way at the Polynesian. You get a lei and everyone says "Aloha!" It's very welcoming.
    -Kevin

Geppetto is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Passarino6
    I know many people have made various comments on the All-Star resorts, but I wanted to know specifically what people think about the All-Star Music. One of my friends stayed there are thought it was good except that she got stuck walking all the way to the Country buildings at the back of the resort. We are in the preferred Calypso building so I am not worried about that. Some people have said that the value resorts are not kept as clean. Can this be true. I admit that I'm spoiled...having spent almost every trip at the Polynesian. Can anyone give me their feedback..especially if you have stayed there before?
    Like any hotel/motel that is used 24/7 there are going to be some slipups. However, by and large, the Disney resort rooms are the cleanest you can find anywhere in the US. There seems to be alot of quality control at the resorts, whether at the values or the deluxes. The Mousekeepers* have to be/are some of the hardest workers at WDW, along with the food service CMs.

*Don't forget to tip the Mousekeepers a dollar or two every day of your stay.
    Last edited by Geppetto; 05-16-2005 at 05:33 PM.
    "Good Geppetto, you have given so much happiness to others. You deserve to have your wish come true."

"Geppetto buono, lei ha dato cosí molta felicitŕ agli altri. Lei il derserve di avere il suo desiderio si č realizzato."

Geppetto is offline A-Ticket holder
    During our last stay last October we noticed that the ASMusic rooms were being refurbished (paint, carpet, beds, etc.) in certain buildings. I think Disney refurbishes every room on 5 to 8 year cycles.
    Last edited by Geppetto; 05-16-2005 at 05:48 PM.
    "Good Geppetto, you have given so much happiness to others. You deserve to have your wish come true."

"Geppetto buono, lei ha dato cosí molta felicitŕ agli altri. Lei il derserve di avere il suo desiderio si č realizzato."