Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss French Quarter & Princess and the Frog in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi All, Was hoping for a little help. Does anyone know if there are any Princess and the Frog tie ins at French Quarter? What I mean is does Princess ...
    toad is offline A-Ticket holder

French Quarter & Princess and the Frog

Hi All,

Was hoping for a little help. Does anyone know if there are any Princess and the Frog tie ins at French Quarter? What I mean is does Princess Tiana show up there or anything along that line. This is our first time staying there and Princess and the Frog is our daughter's favorite movie. If there is no direct tie in would there be a spot at the resort that resembles something in the movie that we could take her to and get pictures? One of our priorities on our trips is to make lasting positive memories for our kids. Any advice, suggestions, and help you wonderful folks could provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

"Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart." Proverbs 3:3

Flrancho is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: French Quarter & Princess and the Frog

We were there at Christmas time last year and there were plenty of Princess & the Frog decorations, but those won't be up now due to the time of year.

I haven't seen the resort since then, so I don't know if there's anything there now or not. The only other thing they were really doing when we were over was pushing heavily the new Princess & Frog merchandise, and they had a little trivia board asking questions about the movie in the gift shop. No idea if any of that is still there or not.

In my opinion, I think the whole resort kind of looks like the movie. We happened to be staying there when the film came out and took a trip over to Downtown Disney to see it a few days after it came out. The first thing out of my mouth as soon as the opening scenes came up with the "Down in New Orleans" song was "Hey, look, its our resort!"

A couple places though that may be more recognizable as possibly being from the movie are the slide at the pool, which features a King Triton type character riding a sea dragon/monster (if you remember one of the Mardi Gras floats in the movie was almost identical to this), and also the alligator statues scattered around the pool area. Several of them are playing instruments, though granted, they don't quite look like Lewis.