Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Port Orleans Mangolian Bend in the Vacation Planning forums; We're going to stay at Riverside for my 18th birthday with my mom and best friend. What would be the best manor to stay at? We were looking at Oak ...
    mick_chick17 is offline A-Ticket holder

Port Orleans Mangolian Bend

We're going to stay at Riverside for my 18th birthday with my mom and best friend. What would be the best manor to stay at? We were looking at Oak Manor but we wanted to know what everyone thought.

Thanks!

May 2005- GKTW for a Make-A-Wish Trip
    Feb 2007- Off Property and 1 night at All-Star Movies
    December 2008-09- All-Star Music Orchestra Trip
    BIRTHDAY TRIP
    SEPTEMBER 2010

All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them--Walt Disney aka The Man

dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Port Orleans Mangolian Bend

Magnolia Bend is nice but the walks to the bus stop from some of the rooms is ok in the morning but can feel like 10 miles at the end of the day. Our favorite place at POR to stay is alligator bayou building 14 or 18. They are close to the food court and pool but still are quiet.

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

We've stayed in Magnolia Bend all 5 times we have stayed at POR. Sometimes pretty far from the food court and main bus stop, but we never minded the walk because the views and theming made up for the distance. We don't have any little ones so keep that in mind. One of our best rooms was so far away it was almost closer to POFQ and we actually took the bus sometimes to FQ because the line was so much shorter at park closings.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I have stayed at POR since it opened as Dixie Landings. I have been happy with whatever building we have been in on the Mansion side.
    We have also stayed in the Alligator area several times. They are not my type of theming but my kids loved them. A tad to rough rustic for my taste. I find the back end bus depots very convenient for night drop offs and walkable.

My caution is: Those back Mansion drop offs are very secluded and many bushes. When my DD and I did a trip alone without the guys we got off the bus at the main stop and walked back to our room from the front during the extended hours. 2am was a bit to creepity to chance coming in from the back lots.

williams is offline C-Ticket Holder

Port Orleans French Quarter is an ideal place to stay. We stayed there several times and believe that POFQ much better than POMB because it is a reasonably price hotel with excellent condition, spotless rooms and very comfortable.

Best Regards,

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Here is a link to a map of the Port Orleans property so you can get an idea of the layout........
    http://www.kingdom-travel.com/Walt_D...uarter_Map.pdf
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!