Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Deluxe Mission Help! in the Vacation Planning forums; I've been on a mission to stay at all of the deluxe resorts and only have a few left. I'm curious to see what your thoughts on Saratoga and Key ...
    mpd49 is offline A-Ticket holder

Deluxe Mission Help!

I've been on a mission to stay at all of the deluxe resorts and only have a few left. I'm curious to see what your thoughts on Saratoga and Key West are. Are they actual Deulxe resorts like Beach/Wilderness or are they more DVC type places. I've seen reviews and they are mixed at best. I guess what I'm asking is, should I try these places for my next trip or simply stay at my favorites (Beach, Wilderness, AKL)? I'd really like to hear some detail from anyone that stayed at either KW or SS.

Much thanks - Magical Days for everyone, on me.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Deluxe Mission Help!

I've only stayed at the DVC portion of Saratoga. The one advantage I can see to Saratoga over Old Key West is that Downtown Disney is within walking distance. I can't speak for the rest of the resort, though. I'd hate to think that the only thing that makes it 'deluxe' is the boat to DTD.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

I forgot to mention - I've stayed at Beach but NOT at Yacht - is that cheating or are tehy the exact same? I love Beach, should I try Yacht?

Thanks Supernova - I forgot SS was near Downtown Disney. Anything else about this place - bars, restaurants, pool area?

julielizabet is offline A-Ticket holder

Saratoga Springs and OKW are DVC properties (villas). OKW is notorious for its lack of dining options--only "Olivia's." Saratoga Springs' aren't really any better. I really have no desire to stay at either place due to location and dining.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

SS has some great pools. Nothing fancy, but nice. The main pool has the obligatory slide and waterfall. The private pools are nice, but not always heated. And Julielizabet is right. The daily dining options at SS are awful. Their 'foodcourt' seemed like an afterthought. Haven't tried their upper level dining, since I have the kitchen with the DVC. But I've seen the menu at the foodcourt and it's lacking.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

bethinthesun is offline A-Ticket holder

The Yacht Club differs from the Beach Club in the decor, location and atmosphere. It is definitely quieter. It is close to the Boardwalk, miniature golf and Friendship dock but further from the Epcot International Gate and the Grab & go at the Beach Club gift shop. I love the lobby of the Yacht Club and the lounge.
    You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas.

williams is offline C-Ticket Holder

If you want to know which one is the best in Saratoga, Key West, Beach club and Wilderness?

So, I would like to say that “Beach club” because it has my favorite location and everything that I want to take in a trip.

Best Regards,