Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss How do I get to.... in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi all, I've just booked our next trip and we are staying on property for the first time at POR I was wondering how easy it is to get around ...
    vikstar is offline A-Ticket holder

How do I get to....

Hi all,

I've just booked our next trip and we are staying on property for the first time at POR

I was wondering how easy it is to get around from this location? Are any of the parks within walking distance? And how would I get to the Boardwalk from there? If we were having dinner at California Grill at say 7.30pm, how long would we have to allow to get there?

Any info on staying at POR would be really helpful.

Thanks

vic

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Re: How do I get to....

Congrats!!

From POR you can take a boat to Down Town Disney, it's a nice ride through the creeks of wdw.
    None of the parks are within walking distance tho. To get to the boardwalk I'd take a bus to Epcot (the closets Park to POR) and then take a bus to Boardwalk, or walk through the park to the international gateway and walk or take a boat to the Boardwalk from there. You can also catch a bus from POR to DHS and walk/catch a boat from there to the Boardwalk.
    For dinner resseys at 7:30pm for California Grill, get a bus to MK then walk/take the monorail from there to Contemporary. Allow about an hour to be on the safe side I say, maybe half hour at the least. So buy 7:00 you should be on a bus headed to MK.

POR is an awesome resort and I hope you enjoy it very much!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: How do I get to....

POR is a beautiful resort but it's not really in walking distance of anything. Like lilo said there is the boat that goes to DTD, which is a beautiful boat ride but other then that I would use a car if you have one. Definitely give yourself at least an hour to get over to the Contemporary for that 7:30 reservation, unless you take a cab or your own car.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!