Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Old Key West Question in the Vacation Planning forums; Our Family didn't stay in OKW before it's a great place to stay for Dec 10-12 2010! Please tell me about OKW? Please help me!...
    JEANYSANCHEZ is offline A-Ticket holder
    Miami, Fl are planning to move to Orlando, FL

Cool Old Key West Question

Our Family didn't stay in OKW before it's a great place to stay for Dec 10-12 2010! Please tell me about OKW? Please help me!
    Jeany Sanchez

POM Tony is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Old Key West Question

In a word.... Awesome

I visited there in August of 2009.
    What a wonderful resort.
    The pool is fantastic and has one of the best water slides.
    There was campfire with marshmallows while we were there and the layout is very relaxed and not to busy.
    I must say that it is truly a great resort with none of the factory feel that the value resorts has.
    "Fortuosity, That's me Own word..."

When I went to Disney for the first time there was a Magic I felt. I could do anything or be anything. No feeling would ever top this......

Then I took my daughter.

langway4 is offline A-Ticket holder

Old Key West is one of the best as far as relaxation. It feels much more like a peaceful resort than a hotel. The boat to Downtown Disney is always a huge plus in our book!! However there are a couple things to keep in mind when you are staying there. One is the closer you can get your room to the main check-in hub the better. We lucked out both times we stayed there and got the building right across the street from that area so we could make the 30 second walk to the main pool and restaurants without having to use the internal bus. Also because of that, your transportation to the theme parks leaves from that main hub and it will save you time to be able to walk the that main hub and hop on your bus without having to go through the entire Old Key West Resort. Yet on the positive side the rooms at Key West are bigger than the new resorts which makes it better for families!!

bigthundermicky is offline C-Ticket Holder

I just stayed there for 10 days in mid-October Jenny. My wife, son and I loved it. It was very laid back. The rooms were larger than regular "studio-style" rooms. We stayed in a building (17) in between the main building and the quiet pool. The dfquiet pool has it's own hot tub, laundry facilities and even a charcoal barbeque. It was awesome. There was always plenty of room by the main pool, activites for the kids every day, and a sauna inside the big lighthouse. We ate at Olivia's twice and loved the food and the value. We loved having the luxury of taking the boat to Downtown Disney. We did it several times, if even just to have lunch.

The only drawback we thought was the counter service restaurant. It was small and there were very few choices. We are DVC members and have stayed at all four levels of hotel catagories. Pop Century's food court counter service restaurant is much better.

That was the only thing we had an issue with. Other than that we absoultely LOVED the resort. I hope you have a great time, we did.

kandjad is offline C-Ticket Holder

The largest DVC units!!! We send a lot of family to OKW using out DVC points - I have never heard anyone complain!!
    It's FALL?!? Already?!?!
    Kate

JEANYSANCHEZ is offline A-Ticket holder
    Miami, Fl are planning to move to Orlando, FL

thanks for the info!
    Jeany Sanchez