Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Preview of new Disney Art of Animation Resort in the Vacation Planning forums; I always yank those icky coverlets off the bed....
    Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Re: Preview of new Disney Art of Animation Resort

I always yank those icky coverlets off the bed.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

will be staying there next year for sure, has my family's name all over it
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Looks like it might be one of the other value resorts for us then. I was hoping the prices would be about the same. Not a $100 per night more!
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

And that $100+ more than a Value price might be its downfall. Then again if you have more than 4 in your family you won't have much of a economical choice as they are removing the 5 option from POR.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

revtigger is offline A-Ticket holder

The outside views look great. I am really looking forward to staying here sometime in the future. Our first trip to WDW we spent 10 nights at All Star Movies and loved it. Our last trip we did stay at AKL because we got a big discount on our room and weren't planning on spending too much time in the parks, so wanted somewhere a bit more relaxing. I think the value resorts are fun. They may not be themed like the deluxe resorts but they are good. My aim is to stay in as many resorts as possible, this one will definitely be on the list for our next trip after it opens.
    MY DISNEY TRIPS
    April 1995 - Disneyland (offsite – Park Vue Econo Lodge) Honeymoon
    May 2004 - Disneyland (offsite – Tropicana Inn)
    October 2005 - WDW (All Star Movies); Disney Wonder (3 night Bahamas Cruise)
    November 2005 - Disneyland (offsite – Tropicana Inn)
    September 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne)
    February 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel New York)
    December 2010 / January 2011 - Disneyland (Grand Californian Hotel); WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge); Disney Wonder (15 night Panama Canal Cruise); Disneyland (Paradise Pier Hotel)
    August 2011 - Hong Kong Disneyland (Hollywood Hotel)
    Oct/Nov 2011 - Disneyland (Disneyland Hotel); WDW (Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk Villas & Polynesian); Disney Dream (4 & 3 night back to back Bahamas Cruise); WDW (Bay Lake Tower & Animal Kingdom Lodge); Disneyland (Grand Californian)

Walt Disney World News Today and posted some excellent aerial photo's of the progress of the Art of Animation Resort.

Art of Animation Resort Construction Photo From Above | WDW News Today

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorhead View Post
    Does anyone know if they'll be extending Generation Gap Bridge all the way across from Pop Century?
    Note in one of the photo's that the bridge does extend across. One Honk'n big bridge!
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 06-26-2011 at 08:32 PM.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Without a major discount it'll be off property for us. We spend most of our time in the parks so there's no way I could justify $265 a night or up. I was really excited for this but these prices are a huge letdown.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    Without a major discount it'll be off property for us. We spend most of our time in the parks so there's no way I could justify $265 a night or up. I was really excited for this but these prices are a huge letdown.
    Well the reason the rooms are so expensive is because nearly all of them will be the Family Suites. The rate is the same for the suites at ASMu too. I think they are running a risk with this though for that reason. If people want to spend that much per night they'll go Deluxe.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Family suite or not, with a special rate I can get two side by side rooms for that price. Or if I can convince the wife, I can hook up the pop up camper and hit Fort Wilderness. I was incredibly stoked when this resort was announced as being a value resort. Not seeing the value in these prices.
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Just remember... This resort will not open until next year... People are saying that even the single rooms are a bit more expensive than the all stars and such... Their rates may be closer to this rate by the time Art of Animation opens...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

How creepy is that Mermaid wing?

I hate to admit it but the frustration of the tram/monorail/ticket center, especially at park closing on our last trip has changed my mind on this. IF we go to WDW at the right time for decent room rates then we'll be staying on property. We stayed with family in Orlando so we fought the crowds getting out. People were packed like sardines waiting for the tram. I could literally feel the difference in heat down near my waist, which is how tall my youngest daughter is. Trams weren't coming fast enough for the crowd and it was bad.

So, tallying up the cost for parking at $15 a day, two hotel rooms off property for a family of 5 and fighting those crowds to ride on the trams I've given up. I'll just save more and stay on property. Maybe taking my parents with us and getting connecting rooms at Animation or Pop Century will be more cost effective.

Sorry for kind of hijacking the post.

Gatorhead is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I hate to admit it but the frustration of the tram/monorail/ticket center, especially at park closing on our last trip has changed my mind on this. IF we go to WDW at the right time for decent room rates then we'll be staying on property. We stayed with family in Orlando so we fought the crowds getting out. People were packed like sardines waiting for the tram. I could literally feel the difference in heat down near my waist, which is how tall my youngest daughter is. Trams weren't coming fast enough for the crowd and it was bad.

So, tallying up the cost for parking at $15 a day, two hotel rooms off property for a family of 5 and fighting those crowds to ride on the trams I've given up. I'll just save more and stay on property. Maybe taking my parents with us and getting connecting rooms at Animation or Pop Century will be more cost effective.

Sorry for kind of hijacking the post.
    Getting out of the parks at closing, especially the MK, is always a royal pain in the butt. I will often skip the fireworks or plan on hanging around a good while afterwards just to beat or miss the crowds.

We also almost always try or at least request connecting rooms at Pop Century. It's a great way to go with extended family. Just open up the doors that connect when you want and it's like having a very large suite. It's nice to be able to go back and forth between the rooms but still be separate. We wouldn't have it any other way.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast