Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Preview of new Disney Art of Animation Resort in the Vacation Planning forums; Fox Orlando has a preview of what the Disney Art of Animation Resort could look like... Preview of new Disney Art of Animation Resort...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Preview of new Disney Art of Animation Resort

Fox Orlando has a preview of what the Disney Art of Animation Resort could look like...

Preview of new Disney Art of Animation Resort
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Re: Preview of new Disney Art of Animation Resort

Me??? Does nothing for me. Looks very low budget. Maybe families with very young children would enjoy though.

Can't see me wanting to sit on those chairs at the end of a long day in the parks. Nor can I see me snuggling up for slumber under those bed comforters either.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

littleacceb is offline A-Ticket holder

I think it looks just fine - equivalent to Pop and the AllStars and perfect if you're a commando-style tourer. I'm so glad that they've recognised the need for more affordable accommodation.

I think the themed suites could be a little more subtle. Some of the patterns are a bit in-your-face!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Looks like the kind of place we would have loved when the kids were younger.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

I'm sure it suits the purpose if you spend all your day in the parks and only want a bed for a few hours every night, but to be honest - for something brand new - it already has a bit of a worn and dated look to the interiors.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

Definitely a families resort, especially for those looking not to spend as much. It's a new concept for a resort, so I think it would be worth checking out. My little sister would probably love it, so I would try it out one day.
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

In my opinion I cant wait to stay there. It is looks fun and busy (which is what I like.) Plus it features all of my favorite movies!
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

BethBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder

I feel like "Budget" is a dirty word with Disney fans sometimes...

Frankly, I have no money. I work for a non-profit. And when I go to Disney, I have to stay in the budget hotels -- I have no other option... So I am really excited that there is a new one to choose from. Looks fun! I would love to be able to stay at the Boardwalk every vacation... But, like my other vacations, I will be in my budget hotel, happy as a clam -- and visit my luxury hotels during the day

As far as this hotel in particular, I wish they would have incorporated some classic Disney into the mix...

Although I wasn't a huge Cars fan - the Cozy Cone outdoor section looks cute. (rooms look very similar to Santa Fe in Paris now) and the Lion King walk through is very cool too... All in all I think I like the exteriors much more than the interiors... I totally agree that some of the prints are a bit much... Expecially in the Lion King room.

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by BethBreakey View Post
    I feel like "Budget" is a dirty word with Disney fans sometimes...

Frankly, I have no money. I work for a non-profit. And when I go to Disney, I have to stay in the budget hotels -- I have no other option... So I am really excited that there is a new one to choose from. Looks fun! I would love to be able to stay at the Boardwalk every vacation... But, like my other vacations, I will be in my budget hotel, happy as a clam -- and visit my luxury hotels during the day
    There's def. nothing wrong with having a budget! For a long time I considered even the Disney value resorts to be too pricey and refused to stay on property. My family always stays in a condo (we don't have a time share, but it is a time share resort) and it costs a whopping $700 for 5 nights, for a place with 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen AND a kitchenette, a livingroom (with a queen pull out couch), a bedroom with a king bed, a bedroom with two twins, and another room with a queen pull out couch. The last time we stayed there we had 7 adults, so it was obviously a huge deal and we all had lots of space and could cook meals. And it's always been clean and there are lots of pools to choose from, and it's close to Disney We always drive as well though so we have our car as well.

Of course, now that I've stayed on property twice it's hard not to! When I'm with my family we still stay off-property but if I'm going with just my friend or my bf we're probably going to stick to a value Disney resort (again, for us the values are a splurge!) Although I made the mistake of staying at the Beach Club for just one night oops! Now after the cruise we're staying 2 nights there instead of the 4 at a value we had originally planned haha. That's mostly my bf's fault though, I drag him to Disney World and he says if he has to go, he's going to be somewhere he enjoys... gotta compromise!

BethBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder

Haha -- love it.

Up until last years trip, I had never stayed on property. I grew up with parents who would pile all the kids in the van and drive 10 hours to Disney because school was cancelled for snow... We had no money and did everything on a shoestring

Like you said though, now that I have stayed on property a couple of times, I don't think I am going to be able to not... So... value resorts -- here I come!

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Haha yep that's us. I've gone on trips with them and spent a whopping $125 in a week haha. We have like 5 minivans full of family that drive (21 hours!... we're from Canada), we eat all our meals in (even on the drive my mom just packs coolers full of sandwiches hehe), and we would all pick ONE park to go to on that trip for just the one day. The funny thing is that they can def. afford to have us all stay at a deluxe, my mom's just really really cheap. Growing up with 10 siblings with only one working parents does that to a person I guess!

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"

I personally would rather spend less on a room and have more to spend on other things in the parks. I think it looks good.

seanmacaulay is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by InStitches View Post
    I personally would rather spend less on a room and have more to spend on other things in the parks. I think it looks good.
    Agreed upon! I think it looks fun. I have stayed all over the Resort experiencing the many options, thanks to awesome parents, so it is definitely worth a try. Our family keeps growing in size as we take family trips to WDW, from our immediate 4 to up to 7 this past trip which included my sister and my significant others plus one of their siblings. We ended up with three side by side rooms at CBR (which is an AWESOME resort!!), but the suite accommodation would be a fun variation to try.

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

looks soo cool!!! ricky def took lots of pics!! wonder how many lou took?
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast