Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Beach Club Resort? in the Vacation Planning forums; For the first time, we are going to stay in one of the Epcot area resorts this year. I'd like to hear your thoughts on the Beach Club Resort- thanks....
    Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.

Beach Club Resort?

For the first time, we are going to stay in one of the Epcot area resorts this year. I'd like to hear your thoughts on the Beach Club Resort- thanks.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Beach Club Resort?

This is a great resort! How can yo beat being so close to Epcot? And the walk to the Studios isn't too bad. We stayed at BCV 2 years ago. We watched Illuminations almost every night. There's lots to do and see. You're only a short walk to the Boardwalk. The pool is fantastic at the Beach Club. Now remember, you can't get to the front of Epcot by bus from the Beach Club. You have a separate entrance which brings you right into World Showcase. We may be staying there again this May.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Disney05 View Post
    This is a great resort! How can yo beat being so close to Epcot? And the walk to the Studios isn't too bad. We stayed at BCV 2 years ago. We watched Illuminations almost every night. There's lots to do and see. You're only a short walk to the Boardwalk. The pool is fantastic at the Beach Club. Now remember, you can't get to the front of Epcot by bus from the Beach Club. You have a separate entrance which brings you right into World Showcase. We may be staying there again this May.
    More often than not, we have stayed on the MK monorail loop, but as my son has turned 9 this year, we find ourselves spending more time in Epcot and DHS than MK. The past few years the bus service has been flaky at best, so I like having the walking and boat options.

Dining at the resort itself looks a little sparse, but the resorts around BC seem to have plenty of good choices.

Thanks for your post!

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Serkazong View Post

Dining at the resort itself looks a little sparse, but the resorts around BC seem to have plenty of good choices.
    Pfft... who needs dining at the resort when the entrance to Epcot is RIGHT THERE! It takes a few moments to just walk over to France and you're right in World Showcase with all their restaurants
    That, and Beaches and Cream is great (and the pool really is amazing!). They also have movies on the beach at night which is nice

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

if you get a chance...eat at the Captains Grille in the Yacht Club...it's one of my favorites, and definitely one of the best restaurants that I've eaten at in Disney World...it's also a good opt-out for not eating in Epcot
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    ... They also have movies on the beach at night which is nice
    I forgot about that. My daughter and I just chilled on the beach watching Enchanted.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

prateekguides is offline A-Ticket holder

Its a great resort. I never visit there but looks quite great. I hope you would have great experience.

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane

Love love LOVE the Beach Club. We stayed there for the first time in August and we'll be there again next month for our post-cruise stay. Its awesome, you can't beat the location. One of my favourite things to do is wake up early and walk around to the Boardwalk and have a coffee outside. Sometimes there's a little mist on the water and its just perfect. And I agree with NJ Boy, try the Captain's Grille, especially for breakfast. It is low key and really very nice. Andfor SURE go to Beaches and Cream. Best burger on property and the sundaes are aaaaamazing.

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane

And the movies on the beach are wonderful. Everyone is very relaxed, lying on lounge chairs. Its like a sleepover with 100 friends you've never met.

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

bethinthesun is offline A-Ticket holder

Beach Club & Polynesian are our favorite resorts. The location, activities (movies on the beach is not to be missed!), food and staff make this resort an absolute gem.
    You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas.

LUVdisny is offline A-Ticket holder

Stayed there 2 years ago.....the pool is WONDERFUL especially if you have kids. They have that slide that is cool. and there is sand in the pool to cushion your feet.
    Cape May's is my favorite for Character Breakfast. It is relaxing - to me - I prefer it over Chef Mickey! Also, it is great to take a walk over to the Boardwalk and watch the entertainers on the BoardWalk and have some ice cream.

We also did the camp fire on the beach one night. They had games, and you could by a package of stuff to make smores. It was really a lot of fun. plus you can go out on deck and sit and watch the fireworks from Epcot.
    and stroll into Epcot while the rest of your family are enjoying the pool and shop by yourself or just browse around.

Yep, that was one of my favorite places.....course, we were on a conference rate....so that made it even BETTER!

You will enjoy it there!

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder

Beach Club is a fantastic resort!! Or should I say Magical? lol We've stayed at BC a few times and have LOVED it every time.

With its proximity to Epcot, The Boardwalk, Hollywood Studios (a 1 mile walk if you're feeling adventurous or the busses/boats are full) it's an amazing resort.

Beaches and Cream is a must do!! I recommend the No Way Jose. (Peanut butter and ice cream sunday)

Stormalong Bay is hands down THE best pool on property. With the sand bottom, whirl pool, fantastic water slide and lazy river. It is also the deepest pool in Disney World (8ft in the lazy river)

I have always compared the Yacht and Beach Club like this- The Yacht Club is like the big brother: A more proper and fancy feel, with the elegance of a Martha's Vineyard getaway. Where the Beach Club is the little sister: Fun and colorful. A nice and relaxing trip to Cape May.

I hope you a wonderful trip!!
    -Zac

Booked the BC this week. Thanks for all your information and help, we are very excited about the trip!

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka

Have a great trip. You'll love the Beach Club!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

Glad you made the reservation. You won't be disappointed. The Beach Club Resort is my favorite WDW resort!!!! My husband and I will be there in a month. I can't wait!

Make sure to come back and post about your stay.
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast