Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Do you ask for an upgrade in the Vacation Planning forums; Was wondering if any of you have ever asked to be upgraded in your room accommodations. I know sometimes the cast member might do it automatically, but would it be ...
    LensGrinder is offline B-Ticket Holder

Do you ask for an upgrade

Was wondering if any of you have ever asked to be upgraded in your room accommodations. I know sometimes the cast member might do it automatically, but would it be inappropriate to ask for the upgrade yourself. Just trying to learn a little Disney etiquette. THX
    "Remember, no man is a failure who has friends."

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Do you ask for an upgrade

Always ask

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

As in life, you don't ask, you don't get. But ask nicely. What's the worst they can say?
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Disney05 View Post
    What's the worst they can say?
    No?

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by 20K View Post
    No?
    Correct!
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

Sorry to hi-jack the thread, but is the bottom quote in your sig block a Walt one? I really like it.

- Walt Disney

No it's not. I honestly don't know where I first saw it. But I always thought it was appropriate when people challenge me about going to WDW again.

Mtnthumper is offline A-Ticket holder

I really like that quote for that reason!! I hate that question over and over again " why are you going again? Why dont you go some where else?" I am going to have to use that.
    As for the forum Question. I have never asked for an upgrade when checking in but I have always thought about it too! I didnt know if it would be rude or not. Does it really work sometimes? Has anyone had it work?
    "If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." ~ Walt Disney
    Life just isnt the same with out Disney!

WDW-1991,1999,2000,2002,2005 (twice), 2006,2007,2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, May 2012
    My Favorites:
    Port Orleans Riverside (Bob Jackson!)
    Reglan Road Patio

Polynesian Resort
    WDWcrazy in "the box"

Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnthumper View Post
    I really like that quote for that reason!! I hate that question over and over again " why are you going again? Why dont you go some where else?"
    I know what you mean i hate itI it get it all the time! It's like i go because i like it there it get to except most reality for a week and its really magical there. I also hate it because since i love disney my friends don't think i am grown up and mature. It's like liking Disney doesn't mean i not as grown up as you there are tons of adults who like Disney even more then i do. It's like they just don't get it i grew up going there and if possible when i have kids i want them growing up going there. No matter what they say i will always love Disney.
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Cortini View Post
    I know what you mean i hate itI it get it all the time! It's like i go because i like it there it get to except most reality for a week and its really magical there. I also hate it because since i love disney my friends don't think i am grown up and mature. It's like liking Disney doesn't mean i not as grown up as you there are tons of adults who like Disney even more then i do. It's like they just don't get it i grew up going there and if possible when i have kids i want them growing up going there. No matter what they say i will always love Disney.
    Don't worry about acting grown up. I'm in my early 40's and I like to say I look out at the world through the eyes of a 12 year old. Everybody who works with me knows I love Disney. My coffee cup, my Mickey ties, my favorite resort above my keyboard, my Mickey watch and pictures of my family at WDW makes it obvious.

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!

Hey guys, I have asked for an upgrade before and gotten it. The key for me was being very specific. On our honeymoon at AKL, even though we booked a standard room, we were upgraded at that time to a pool view, king bed. Assumingly, they noticed it was our honeymoon. It probably helped that we showed up to the hotel in our wedding attire then.
    For our anniversary trip, after I had booked, again, a standard room, I called Disney and mentioned that I would really like to surprise my husband for our anniversary and that we stayed in room (blank) and I would be extremely grateful if they could consider helping me make this little surprise happen. Sure enough, we got a free upgrade to the room that we spent our honeymoon in.
    Always ask and ask nicely!
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

grumpy of ohio is offline C-Ticket Holder

We never ask...why...because everyone and their brother probably asks and there are only so many rooms and the CM's can't push everyone up. We always book what we feel we'll be happy with, sometimes we book woods and sometimes (depends mostly the time of the year) courtyard, that way, we get what we expect.

Out of 44 trips, we have been given an up grade (with out asking) once at the Poly, we booked garden view and they gave us Club Level, what a surprise that was and another time we booked courtyard at WL and again bumped us up to CL......amazed the daylights out of both of us.

All in all, I think it hurts more to ask then let the CM surprise you with her pixie dust....personal opinion only.....

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.

I've wondered about this myself. I've never asked, because 9 times out of 10 my room requests have been granted. It would be nice to get bumped up though....perhaps we'll give it a try.

Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

Because i am a DVC member and we have the next to largest room we never ask because we will probably not get bumped up from a 2 bedroom to a grand villa although it would be nice sometimes because then me and my bro would each have our own room. And like next trip i will be staying at the treehouse villas and there is no need to get an upgrade from there. then we are going to baylake and seeing as it was hard to get in then there is no way we are getting upgraded.
    Last edited by Cortini; 01-30-2011 at 07:57 PM.
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

I haven't stayed on property since 1997 or 1998, but I would probably try my luck as well. Nothing ventured, after all...

- Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast