Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Certificate of Redemption? in the Vacation Planning forums; Just received in the mail a "certificate of redemption" from Walt Disney Travel Company. I have never received one of these before and want to know if it is normal, ...

Certificate of Redemption?

Just received in the mail a "certificate of redemption" from Walt Disney Travel Company. I have never received one of these before and want to know if it is normal, random or something they just started doing. It says that the certificate entitles me to a 30% discount off the regular, non-discounted rate on one room and it looks like it pretty much covers all the resorts with some blackout dates. 30% is probably better than any of the AP rates isn't it? Just wondering if anybody out there has received one of these and if so, did you use it?

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Sounds like a great deal to me. Did you have trouble with them over a reservation, or something like that? I doubt it is SOP to send someone such a good offer unless they made a mistake and/or you are as very good customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket
    Sounds like a great deal to me. Did you have trouble with them over a reservation, or something like that? I doubt it is SOP to send someone such a good offer unless they made a mistake and/or you are as very good customer.
    No...I didn't have any trouble with them over a reservation. And they didn't make any mistakes....or at least none that I am aware of yet
    We leave for there in a little over 2 weeks. I was very surprised to see the offer. We are good customers, but we would be going back whether they gave us this offer or not! So I guess I will just be thankful, book a room and start planning our next trip!!!

BTW Jiminy....nice to see you back as "you"! I've been away for the past week, I come back and there you are!!!!!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    BTW Jiminy....nice to see you back as "you"! I've been away for the past week, I come back and there you are!!!!!
    Thanx; glad to be back as JC.