Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Royal Plaza in the Vacation Planning forums; Does anyone have any details on this hotel? Is it any good? Looks like the most affordable for when we're going to try to go to Disney late this summer. ...
    clj2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Royal Plaza

Does anyone have any details on this hotel? Is it any good? Looks like the most affordable for when we're going to try to go to Disney late this summer. We like to stay somewhere nice off site and like the area.

It's on Hotel Plaza near DTD. I know our shuttle when we stayed at Hilton has stopped there before, but really know nothing about it. I see tons of good reviews but a lot of bad reviews about it. Sort of unsure.

Anyone ever stayed there?

http://www.royalplaza.com/
    WDW:: March 1996 (Buena Vista Palace DTD) | March 2005 (Hilton DTD) | March 2007 (Hilton DTD) | March 2009 (Hilton DTD) | August 2011 (Hilton DTD) | March 2012 (Royal Plaza DTD) | August 10th-17th 2013

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Royal Plaza

I have not stayed there, but according to the 2010 Unofficial Guide, the Royal Plaza (Garden) got 3 stars out of 5 with a room rating of 71 out of 100. The tower got 4 stars with a room rating of 87.

Thanks! We are also looking at the neighboring Holiday Inn (brand new inside) and Hilton where we have stayed several times before.
    WDW:: March 1996 (Buena Vista Palace DTD) | March 2005 (Hilton DTD) | March 2007 (Hilton DTD) | March 2009 (Hilton DTD) | August 2011 (Hilton DTD) | March 2012 (Royal Plaza DTD) | August 10th-17th 2013

theostwalts is offline A-Ticket holder

We stayed in a Tower room in 2007, right before our cruise. We arrived Thanksgiving night and did one day in the Magic Kindom before going on to the port. The room was very nice and the hotel was clean. We were only there for a short time but I would stay there again if I was not going to stay on property. The bus service was good, although shared between several of the downtown resorts. Being in the downtown area still gave it the feeling of being in WDW. All of the on property resorts were full and we got a great rate there. I booked directly through the downtown site.

Hope that helps.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by clj2 View Post
    Thanks! We are also looking at the neighboring Holiday Inn (brand new inside) and Hilton where we have stayed several times before.

Lou I believed stayed a night there when it just opened and I believe he did a video. He liked it.

We stayed at the Hilton and used their bus to the parks and wound our way back to the hotel by going to another hotel from the park and getting off and boarded a downtown disney bus.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder

The Royal Plaza is awesome. We stay there a good bit when we stay down. It's a very enjoyable stay, definitely do it if you have the chance! Definitely one of the nicer ones in DTD.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

Thanks y'all! It looks like Royal Plaza is a go. Some of the reviews on TripAdvisor have me scared (seems like a love/hate place), but it looks like this one will work the best for us, so we're going to try it more than likely. I've read enough good things to calm my mind.

We're looking at the 'deluxe' tower room. They look pretty large. Looks like an attractive place and I can get a decent deal. Holiday Inn looks nice, but we need more room.

BTW- does anyone know how the shuttle buses run now? Last time we were there Holiday Inn was not open and our bus went to Hilton, Royal Plaza, and DoubleTree - does it now go to 4 hotels since they are all on the same side of the road? Seems like it'd be a pretty full bus....